15 minutes ago, scooter484 said:

I Don't see how you can say it was the tires since you replaced the tires and the shocks, have you put the old shocks back on to see if the VIB comes back with the new tires.

I replaced the shocks first and drove about a week before putting the tires on and the vibration was still there.  Also, I could tell over time that the stock Rancho shocks were degrading and the truck was becoming more bouncy, but the vibration was not affected.  I'm pretty positive the vibration in my case was due to the crappy stock tires, perhaps in combination with other design parameters associated with these trucks.  I can't be certain that it was all 100% the tires' fault but so far about a week in on the new tires I haven't felt any vibrations.  I'm keeping an eye on it though to be sure and will report back if anything comes up.

Wow, 799 pages to this thread.   And soon to be 800.    My brand-new 2018 Z71 has a mild shake at 110 km/h, felt mostly in the seatbacks and pedals.    Will report it at my next dealership visit.

1 hour ago, Silverado-Hareek said:

I replaced the shocks first and drove about a week before putting the tires on and the vibration was still there.  Also, I could tell over time that the stock Rancho shocks were degrading and the truck was becoming more bouncy, but the vibration was not affected.  I'm pretty positive the vibration in my case was due to the crappy stock tires, perhaps in combination with other design parameters associated with these trucks.  I can't be certain that it was all 100% the tires' fault but so far about a week in on the new tires I haven't felt any vibrations.  I'm keeping an eye on it though to be sure and will report back if anything comes up.

Thanks for the clarification, I have a '15 2WD Silverado CC SB with the LTZ Z71 package, it has the Rancho Shocks and I have noticed a bit more bounce than it used to have but I have 75k on her at this point.

I did find out one thing, at least in my case the bed created a ton of vibes.. once I put a bed cover on it the vibs calmed 90% bet if I put new shocks it would be smooth again

2 hours ago, scooter484 said:

Thanks for the clarification, I have a '15 2WD Silverado CC SB with the LTZ Z71 package, it has the Rancho Shocks and I have noticed a bit more bounce than it used to have but I have 75k on her at this point.

I did find out one thing, at least in my case the bed created a ton of vibes.. once I put a bed cover on it the vibs calmed 90% bet if I put new shocks it would be smooth again

I'm pretty sure my Ranchos were shot around 30,000.  I can guarantee yours are shot at 75k, no doubt, I'd bet my truck on it.  I know it's expensive, but order yourself some Bilstein shocks right now, get them installed, and drink a cold beer and smile.  No need to send me a thank you note either.  Just enjoy your truck!

• Like 1

I've been following this thread, as my 2016 midnight edition Z71 has had vibration issues since day 1.  I had the driveshaft replaced, added a bed cover, rotated and rebalanced tires multiple times, got an alignment, tried adding weight to the bed, and basically had no improvement with any of these fixes.  Vibration started around 70 mph and just got worse as I went faster.  Probably the worst was around 74-78 mph, and it felt like the truck was going to rattle apart.  The drive 35 hour drive to and from Colorado two weeks ago was AWFUL.  I tried driving 75 mph just to not lose time, but it vibrated so bad I eventually slowed to 65-68 just so I didn't get shaken so bad.

Now I might be crazy for spending money on a truck that has this bad of a vibration problem, but I had a 6" Pro Comp lift installed along with new wheels and 35" tires yesterday, and the vibration problem is totally gone.  I don't mean it's better, it is 100% smooth as glass all the way to 80 mph, much smoother than even day 1 from the dealer lot.

Just thought I'd throw this out there for anyone trying to find a fix.  It's not cheap, and it's not really practical, but it did fix my issues.

Edited by BlackSilverado

20 minutes ago, BlackSilverado said:

I've been following this thread, as my 2016 midnight edition Z71 has had vibration issues since day 1.  I had the driveshaft replaced, added a bed cover, rotated and rebalanced tires multiple times, got an alignment, tried adding weight to the bed, and basically had no improvement with any of these fixes.  Vibration started around 70 mph and just got worse as I went faster.  Probably the worst was around 74-78 mph, and it felt like the truck was going to rattle apart.  The drive 35 hour drive to and from Colorado two weeks ago was AWFUL.  I tried driving 75 mph just to not lose time, but it vibrated so bad I eventually slowed to 65-68 just so I didn't get shaken so bad.

Now I might be crazy for spending money on a truck that has this bad of a vibration problem, but I had a 6" Pro Comp lift installed along with new wheels and 35" tires yesterday, and the vibration problem is totally gone.  I don't mean it's better, it is 100% smooth as glass all the way to 80 mph, much smoother than even day 1 from the dealer lot.

Just thought I'd throw this out there for anyone trying to find a fix.  It's not cheap, and it's not really practical, but it did fix my issues.

I bet a set of new rear shocks would have fixed your problem without even putting the lift on. Set of basic Bilstein 4600s has my ride smoothed out.  When I took the rears off it was very apparent which shock was bad. No damping at all for several inches of travel on it and no sign of leakage.  Those stock shocks are JUNK

Edited by Sir Dan

58 minutes ago, Sir Dan said:

I bet a set of new rear shocks would have fixed your problem without even putting the lift on. Set of basic Bilstein 4600s has my ride smoothed out.  When I took the rears off it was very apparent which shock was bad. No damping at all for several inches of travel on it and no sign of leakage.  Those stock shocks are JUNK

I havent checked my old shocks but I do have them in a box.  I'll have to look and see if they were having issues.

That’s my thing... I just spent a ton of money on a truck and I’m getting the vibration. I’ve got a 2018 Sierra with about 1400 miles. My steering wheel was off, and got vibrations about 70 mph to 75. I took it in, and got them road force balanced and they adjusted the steering wheel. The steering wheel isn’t as bad (but still a little off) and now my vibration starts about 60-70 mph. It’s not a huge vibration but it’s there. Doesn’t seem like it’s coming from the front as much, as I can feel the seat vibrating. I’m going to take it to the original dealer and see if they can take a look. I travel on the highway everyday so I need to get it fixed or trade it in on a ram (and have my wife kill me) [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, contenderv07 said:

That’s my thing... I just spent a ton of money on a truck and I’m getting the vibration. I’ve got a 2018 Sierra with about 1400 miles. My steering wheel was off, and got vibrations about 70 mph to 75. I took it in, and got them road force balanced and they adjusted the steering wheel. The steering wheel isn’t as bad (but still a little off) and now my vibration starts about 60-70 mph. It’s not a huge vibration but it’s there. Doesn’t seem like it’s coming from the front as much, as I can feel the seat vibrating. I’m going to take it to the original dealer and see if they can take a look. I travel on the highway everyday so I need to get it fixed or trade it in on a ram (and have my wife kill me) emoji23.png

I'm there with you, mine had the same problem and I spent a lot of time chasing it.  All the techs would say is "feels like a tire balance issue".  I will say that the lift definitely made the ride feel "tighter" if that makes sense, almost like the shocks are better, or whatever they did when modifying the truck ended up tightening up whatever was loose.

I'm there with you, mine had the same problem and I spent a lot of time chasing it.  All the techs would say is "feels like a tire balance issue".  I will say that the lift definitely made the ride feel "tighter" if that makes sense, almost like the shocks are better, or whatever they did when modifying the truck ended up tightening up whatever was loose.

The only reason I haven’t gotten rid of it now is because I’d lose about 4K trading it in, but at this point it might be worth it to not get driveline work done, new tires, and new shocks. I’m gonna see what this dealer has to do or say and go from there

16 minutes ago, contenderv07 said:

The only reason I haven’t gotten rid of it now is because I’d lose about 4K trading it in, but at this point it might be worth it to not get driveline work done, new tires, and new shocks. I’m gonna see what this dealer has to do or say and go from there

You might try giving GM customer care a call and start a case with them.  Most likely they will get you a rental and throw parts at it until something fixes it or it doesn't get fixed, in which case they might do a buy back.  I had to do it once and I got to trade it in for what I paid.  Not quite a buy back, but at least I got out from it without any real financial hit.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2018 at 11:40 AM, wmadden said:

Sounds like there's a "fix" for the high speed shake... has anyone overcame the acceleration studder at 1200-1800 rpms?  Other than selling the truck?

Buy a programmer and program the converter for hyper mileage or economy. See my other posts for more info on riding smooth. I'm satisfied with my Silverado now but definitely will never buy a GM truck again. Corporate is not interested in customer satisfaction at all. If they are they can call me at 931-675-1161 and we will discuss. Bet all I hear is the wind!

I had a 2014 shaker that I traded for my 2018 that is smooth as glass. Best advice is get it on the highway and get it up to 70 to 80. But that doesn't guarantee that it won't develop later. Keeping my fingers crossed with my 2018. So far so good. Good luck to you.