Zane

Chevy Teases Photo of 2020 Silverado 3500HD

2020-Chevrolet-Silverado-3500HD-001.jpg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

4/10/18

Chevrolet is hitting hard and hitting fast when it comes to releasing their new generation of pickups. First came the 2019 1500 in December, by surprise. Then came the 4500/5500/6500HD chassis cab trucks (not by surprise) last month.

Now Chevrolet is surprising us once again with an extremely revealing photo of the next generation Silverado 3500HD.  Seen above, the picture of the next gen 2020 HD shows off part of the front grille, hood, mirrors, and headlights.

What can we tell? Well, a few things. 

1. The front grill will have a bowtie less option OR the bowtie is lower in the grille (aka 2019 Camaro)
  2. The front turn signals/drl laps will be LED. 
  3. The headlights will be located BELOW the chrome crossbar
  4. A tasteful hood scoop remains
  5. All new towing mirrors are on the way
  6. Marker lights are also most likely LED. 

What do you think?

So far I am pretty excited. It looks great with this cropping, hopefully it will look better overall than the 1500.

Looks good so far. I'm thinking these will be unveiled later this year and go on sale late 1st quarter of 2019.

Less complex. Glad the headlamps are “lower” in the front end. What’s the likelihood of getting a different cab and doors so that equinox puke line can be resolved?

This looks better from little that’s shown.

Sent from device. Excuse errors.

I like it.

The cab lights look nice. I like the three hump center piece, is that style light available anywhere now?

What's been revelaed so far looks great. I'm still sticking to my guns and will drive my 2016 into dust (not very difficult living in the salt Capitol, Michigan.  This new truck will be tempting though.  Are the current marker lights not LED?  I could swear mine are LED but the marker lamps in my mirror caps are regular.

I've got quite the chubby right now...

• Haha 1

Looks good so far. It looks like they will be changing the styling for the 3/4, 1 ton trucks which I like a lot. Always wanted them to be easier to differentiate. Don’t know why just my taste I guess.

I'm sure they won't but I'm praying they bring back the old suicide door ext cab. Not going to lie if they do I may be suckered into buying one. Thats my biggest miss from these trucks. Crew is nice but that ext cab is the best.

i think this maybe a offroad version like the 1500 trailboss because on the new 2019 1500's the only mode gets Z71 in the grill is the trailboss, the LT/LTZ do have a optional z71 offraod package, but these versions do not get that in the grill, only a fender badge.

i think this maybe a offroad version like the 1500 trailboss because on the new 2019 1500's the only mode gets Z71 in the grill is the trailboss, the LT/LTZ do have a optional z71 offraod package, but these versions do not get that in the grill, only a fender badge.

You mean like this25c5829a23d2311fc2824a0a7f48244e.jpg

Grizzly

9 minutes ago, grizzlyltz said:

You mean like this25c5829a23d2311fc2824a0a7f48244e.jpg

Grizzly

Yes, I knows the current generation 2014+ models has z71 in the grill on z71 models but it doesn't appear in the new 2019's only appears on the trailboss

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

Yes, I knows the current generation 2014+ models has z71 in the grill on z71 models but it doesn't appear in the new 2019's only appears on the trailboss

I think all 1/2 tons with the traditional Z71 option get a fender badge like the LTZ they showed https://goo.gl/images/5kEWq4

Edited by newdude

I don't think the Z71 means anything anymore.. not with how badly they have cheeped out on the stuff

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      7-20-2018

Mark Wahlberg (Ted, Ted2, Patriots Day, Lone Survivor, Marky Mark Featuring The Funky Bunch) wants to sell you sell you a Chevy. So much so that he has just partnered with the owner of eight dealerships in the Midwest. Mark Walberg Chevrolet is now located in Columbus, Ohio. The dealership was formerly called Bobby Layman Chevrolet. The dealership is located at 3900 West Broad Street.

Wahlberg and Jay Feldman, a veteran dealership owner, have also recently partnered on a Walberger’s burger joint in Cleveland. 

If you happen into the dealership please snap some images for the site and post them below.

• By rae185
      Husky Liners VS Weather Tech

Both are Max coverage floor liners, I bought the husky liners after seeing my buddies 2018 silverado with the weather tech liners. They Both are great in their own ways. I have some pro's and con's for both

I paid 210.80 on amazon, I don't recall  exactly what he paid for the Weather tech laser fit ones on their website its about 190 before shipping. 

Starting with the husky liners
      Pro's

- Fit - I myself like the way that they fit, so much that i would say its perfect for me. They match the contour of the floors perfectly without coming up in any spots.
      - Material -They used a good material with a nice rubbery feel. Easy to remove and clean, Pull them out spray them off with water let them dry and their are back to looking brand new out of the box.
      - Stay Put Cleats - On both the driver and passenger side. The driver side has the factory "pop in" Holders that help keep them in place as well.

Con's

- Although they have the cleats to help keep them in place, The passenger side one does move around a little bit.
      - They also do not go as high up on the sides as the weather tech liners, This can be a Pro or a Con depending on what you are looking for.
      - If you have the Jump seat in the front they offer the liners in a 3 piece set to get full coverage of the hump in the center as well. I opted for no coverage on that but still, this could be a pro or a con again depending on what your looking for. 

I cannot speak for the weather tech liners, Since they are not in my daily driver. However I can say there is one con on the weather tech's. I noticed when I was riding in the other truck on the passenger side, The liner is supposed to hug the side, and it does not. Weather they had it packed and it bent the liner or what ever the case may be it doesn't fit properly now. and ill attach photos of both fronts and back.

Overall Im happy with the husky liners and ill continue to purchase them. They work for me just well.

Thanks for reading, If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message.

• By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      7/18/2018

GM-Trucks.com can confirm that Chevrolet is sending out media invitations for a next generation 2019 Silverado first drive program that will take place in just a few weeks. Scheduled during the second week of August, the invite only program will give selected national journalists and automotive media a first chance to get behind the wheel of the all new pickup in the mountains of Wyoming. 

That's good news for anyone interested in a third party opinion about the all new Silverado and undoubtedly the beginning of a media onslaught of 2019 Silverado and Sierra content. We can't wait!

We're finalizing our plans to attend the event ourselves and very much looking forward to seeing how the new Silverado matches our expectations. Especially since our long term 2019 Silverado LTZ should arrive just a few weeks after we get back.

• By PhatBoy
      GMT-K2xx   2014-2018 
      Brand new in the box GM/Borla 6.2 exhaust.  Part number on box shows dual side exhaust but laying it out it's a dual out the back exhaust, not what I wanted so its for sale.  Part numbers on box are: 19303345 (dual out the side) and 19303348 ( dual 4" black tips).  Parts have never been installed just laid out before install.  Pictures are of actual parts.  

$950 takes it. Pm with contact info and I'll be quick to reply.  

Thanks Roy  

PREFER LOCAL SALE, DO NOT WANT TO SHIP...... 
      Houston, Tx