33 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

So the harness in the headliner, I was this an originally unused harness and gets used instead of what plugged in before? From the pic, it looks like it was tucked away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, unused just tucked up there and glued.

The dealer I got my truck from had an LT on the floor that they had all kinds of mods on. I noticed it also had the auto dim mirror. So I was talking to one of the sales guys and he kept trying to tell me to go check out the gm accessories page (which I had already done, and the mirror wasn’t there). So I went online to try and do a build of an lt, and couldn’t even find it as an option. I was really confused because I saw it on that lt on the showroom floor. 

So I figured that they wouldn’t have went completely out the their way to add the mirror and that the harness must have just been up there and when they were doing the other mods they just added it. So sure enough, there it was when I looked. I’m honestly not even sure if that mirror is ever even a factory option on this year, but it seems to work!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgriffi2 said:

Yeah, unused just tucked up there and glued.

The dealer I got my truck from had an LT on the floor that they had all kinds of mods on. I noticed it also had the auto dim mirror. So I was talking to one of the sales guys and he kept trying to tell me to go check out the gm accessories page (which I had already done, and the mirror wasn’t there). So I went online to try and do a build of an lt, and couldn’t even find it as an option. I was really confused because I saw it on that lt on the showroom floor. 

So I figured that they wouldn’t have went completely out the their way to add the mirror and that the harness must have just been up there and when they were doing the other mods they just added it. So sure enough, there it was when I looked. I’m honestly not even sure if that mirror is ever even a factory option on this year, but it seems to work!

I wonder what else is like that.  Are the wires there for the power folding mirrors?  The memory seats?  All of that would definitely make making these small upgrades easier and cheaper.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 14tungstenLT said:

Ive seen some escalade owners upgrade to the camera mirror.  Wonder if its possible in these trucks.  It involved adding the camera and routing a wire to the mirror.  didn't seem too bad.  

I’ve been wondering the same thing. I’m wondering if the wiring is in the driver mirror to add that auto dim.

There was also an orange (I think), much larger harness tucked up in there that wasn’t connected to anything as well. I’m really wondering what that would be. Likely something expensive that would piss off my wife :)

It’s good to see 2019s have some of the wiring present and tucked away. Wasn’t the case for 14-18 trucks.

Anxiously waiting on you to get a '19 in Custom Trim and add center console, side mirrors w cameras , etc, etc!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Installed the $62 Gentex self dimmer available on EBay. Difference from the other $50 Gentex on EBay is it has an I/O push button and green indicator light; default is on when you power the mirror, button to turn off is useful when backing out of a dim garage on a bright day and the mirror is tricked to full dimming. Comes with a connector and two wire harness with a long lead of wire (no connector in my '19s overhead) with wire splices, twist ties and adhesive foam for installing. Real quick install pushing under the headliner and down the passenger side "A" pillar no need to remove cover just loosen enough to slip wire underneath and you're at the fuse block. Fuse tap off the heated steering wheel or another ignition activated fuse for the positive and drill a hole and self tapping screw for the negative and good if not better as the original.

Edited by Thomcat

29 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

Installed the $62 Gentex self dimmer available on EBay. Difference from the other $50 Gentex on EBay is it has an I/O push button and green indicator light; default is on when you power the mirror, button to turn off is useful when backing out of a dim garage on a bright day and the mirror is tricked to full dimming. Comes with a connector and two wire harness with a long lead of wire (no connector in my '19s overhead) with wire splices, twist ties and adhesive foam for installing. Real quick install pushing under the headliner and down the passenger side "A" pillar no need to remove cover just loosen enough to slip wire underneath and you're at the fuse block. Fuse tap off the heated steering wheel or another ignition activated fuse for the positive and drill a hole and self tapping screw for the negative and good if not better as the original.

What trim do you have?

Anxiously waiting on you to get a '19 in Custom Trim and add center console, side mirrors w cameras , etc, etc!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Me too!

• Like 1