Me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely wanting to see the console install. Power folding mirrors on an LT trim would also be excellent. Those are the only two things I really want on my truck that it didn’t come with. The dealer just didn’t have my truck with buckets on the day I went in and I didn’t want an LTZ this time mostly because I really wanted red hot color. So, here I am in want of console and mirrors. I know@pgamboa has the answers I am awaiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 8:35 PM, Nalby said:

They go around the rear view mirror and enclose the mount.

My truck didn't come with those and neither did the rear view mirror. Do you know the part number for it by any chance? I finally replaced the rear view mirror with the auto-dim one and it just looks ugly with the cables out.

IMG_7945.jpg

IMG_7967.jpg

I took some pictures to maybe help some people! I saw that there are three plugs up there! One for the rear view mirror and two I don't know what for. I'm hoping it's for the rear view mirror camera option! ?

Taking off that little console thing was easy. I got a little knife from my keychain and pried off the little tabs and they just popped off. Next, I used a T8 to unscrew the silver small screws then a T15 for the long black screws. I was popping off the main thing from the sides kinda prying it off again and it just popped off again -- too easy! I noticed two clips stayed on the frame and I think they're supposed to stay  there since the 'female' and looks like it grabs on to them?

The hardest part was screwing back those damn T15 screws. It took me like 30-45 minutes just trying to make them go in the center hole without being able to see. And theres a second hole on the inside corner where it was always getting stuck on. Patience and some beer made me not break the damn thing in anger. After that, the 2nd most hardest thing was peeling off the cable from the glue. I didn't want to use my knife in case I cut the cable so I was using a flat head to peel it off. This part took about 15 minutes. But all in all, an easy enough job! Hopefully the pictures I took can help someone recognize what those other two plugs are for!

PS: If you want a specific picture in higher resolution, let me know!

Edit: I’ve been thinking, I wonder if that big connector is for the homelink module. Would be cool to add the homelink module by plugging it in and just get the little plastic cover with the hole in it for the buttons to easily add homelink to the truck.

IMG_7947.jpg

IMG_7949.jpg

IMG_7950.jpg

IMG_7951.jpg

IMG_7953.jpg

IMG_7955.jpg

IMG_7956.jpg

IMG_7957.jpg

IMG_7960.jpg

IMG_7962.jpg

IMG_7964.jpg

IMG_7965.jpg

Edited by Semedar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

So I called my dealer to see if they can order that wire cover for me and I mentioned what those two other harnesses are for. He looked it up and said it’s for the windshield wiper and temperature sensor. So I guess there goes that rear view mirror camera thing. ?

• Thanks 1

On 8/19/2019 at 4:03 PM, Semedar said:

So I called my dealer to see if they can order that wire cover for me and I mentioned what those two other harnesses are for. He looked it up and said it’s for the windshield wiper and temperature sensor. So I guess there goes that rear view mirror camera thing. ?

Interesting, I guess it is possible to add rain sensing wipers?

11 hours ago, mbfireboat said:

Interesting, I guess it is possible to add rain sensing wipers?

Pretty much since they don’t even offer them as an option. 

Tonight I just pulled my trim down to see if I had the wires for the auto dim rear view mirror and I do. But just like in Semedar's pics I also have the big grey connector right above where the home link buttons should be. I have a hard time believing it is not for home link. Maybe I misunderstood previous post about it being for rain sensitive wipers. Anyway I'm going to order my mirror.

20190823_183454.jpg

• Like 1

Can confirm, this simple method works. Taking off the console sounds more scary than it is, it goes back together very easily. Even the two front screws some had trouble with went right back in on the first try (maybe I was just lucky lol). Altogether in total it took less than 30 mins, what took the most time is prying all the glue off the wiring harness, mine was covered in it (see pic)!!

Thanks @Semedar for the pics - made it a lot easier to do it!!

IMG_0553.jpg

Btw - easy test to see if it works (before putting everything back)  is by covering the sensor in the back of the mirror with your finger, you'll see it slowly dim, put truck in reverse and see it light up again, then back to Park to see it dim. Mission accomplished!!

On 8/23/2019 at 8:38 PM, JR09country said:

Could it be for sunroof controls?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I think you're right. I have the sunroof and only had one 'unused' wiring harness - rest was all plugged into the console.

Could also be for the power rear window (which I have also).

Edited by tinbad