On 4/17/2019 at 9:36 AM, z1boss said:

Following.

On 4/17/2019 at 11:06 AM, MDSilveradoGuy said:

Following as well. My RST stickered at $54K... it's absurd at this price point that it does not offer an interior electrochromic mirror.

Yeah, it would be great to have the option to update to a nicer mirror. 

On 4/18/2019 at 10:50 AM, JR09country said:

I've been on the look out for a ltz or slt rearview mirror for my LT TB. If I can find one and buy it at a reasonable price I'll let y'all know. Not much out there right now with the trucks still being new but I will do this swap when I find one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

If you find one let me know.

On 7/9/2019 at 8:56 PM, tgriffi2 said:

Yup, plug right in, no splicing or cutting. Really makes me wonder why they didn’t just include this. But they would have added $250 to the sticker, whereas I found the mirror for $50 ?. Finished pic below. The existing cover hides everything really nicely. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Was that the auto dimming or the one with the camera?

12 hours ago, Trailboss LT said:

Yeah, it would be great to have the option to update to a nicer mirror. 

Neither did my 56K RST, nor my 'former 16 LT. I was going to swap the self dimming one I had installed on the LT but didn't because it had the OnStar buttons on the bottom and the dummy buttons would look stupid on the '19 with overhead console OnStar buttons.

Just purchased a Gentex self dimmer which is the factory mirror on many GMs at Amazon for $62

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PHLM3EI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Should be easy to connect with two wires, one to ground and one to an ignition switched hot using a piggyback fuse tap. No need to connect the reverse light wire for auto turn off on backing up because the rear camera gives a better view (or could always use the power button on the mirror).

And another thing OnStar hands free calling ain't hands free in the '19; they replaced the voice dialing with a touch button keypad on the 8" screen.   ?????

Just as dangerous as hand dialing on a cell phone while driving. Who cares, who needs OnStar for calls and who needs a Nav anymore.  Keep and extra cell phone hooked up for bluetooth calls and Google maps.

Yup, as long has you have the harness up in your headliner. 

So the harness in the headliner, I was this an originally unused harness and gets used instead of what plugged in before? From the pic, it looks like it was tucked away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk