I just picked up a 19 RST AllStar crewcab about a month ago. I also had the dumb mirror but I couldn’t believe it didn’t even have a flipping homelink button. Who drives a 2019 these days with a garage door remote hanging on their visor! Ridiculous. So I did like I did for my motorcycles and kids power wheels and just bought a Homelink remote off eBay. Looks like the ones you usually see on visors, only run about $20. I mounted it just behind the ceiling console on the angled part of the headliner.

I tested the wiring in that plug inside the ceiling and checked for power and just tapped into it. Oh and just FYI, I don’t know what that plug is for either, but the one I tapped into don’t remember which of the 2 big ones, has constant power. So maybe that will give a clue to what it might be for. I had the courtesy lights (door open light button) turned off so it must be something else that gets power either all the time or at least when the doors open

If y’all need the part number or info on that rear view wire cover for the 2019 Chevy Silverado, here’s the info for it. It’s only about $10.

According to my receipt, I believe the part number is 84049173. And it’s called SL-N-Cover (16067-CT).

It’s a special order from the dealer and would probably take a week until they receive it.

01DE54FD-7279-451E-A11A-F1B45364BC04.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Installed mine tonight. Working great. Really can't understand why Chevy wouldn't just put in an auto-dim mirror when they have the connector right there. Didn't realize how nice auto-dim was until I didn't have it.

I bought this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-12-17-NEW-GM-FRONT-WINDSHIELD-REAR-VIEW-MIRROR-W-AUTO-DIMMING-DIM-OEM/283191749982?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

The plastic around the mirror wasn't too bad getting it off the windshied. I used a plastic tool thing I got as part of a kit to pry between the windshied and the plastic piece working around it. I then slid it all the way til it was against the back of the mirror then rotated it 90 degress to get access to the screw and remove the mirror which slides up. Even being able to work on it on the bench the two plastic pieces were still a pain to get off the old mirror.

I also did have to pull the home link thing down which was the 4 screws. Made it easier getting the glued connector pulled down.

Edited by Zeker
  • Haha 1

Installed mine tonight. Working great. Really can't understand why Chevy wouldn't just put in an auto-dim mirror when they have the connector right there. Didn't realize how nice auto-dim was until I didn't have it.

I bought this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-12-17-NEW-GM-FRONT-WINDSHIELD-REAR-VIEW-MIRROR-W-AUTO-DIMMING-DIM-OEM/283191749982?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

The plastic around the mirror wasn't too bad getting it off the windshied. I used a plastic tool thing I got as part of a kit to pry between the windshied and the plastic piece working around it. I then slid it all the way til it was against the back of the mirror then rotated it 90 degress to get access to the screw and remove the mirror which slides up. Even being able to work on it on the bench the two plastic pieces were still a pain to get off the old mirror.

I also did have to pull the home link thing down which was the 4 screws. Made it easier getting the glued connector pulled down.

Just ordered this today. Will be my last project on this truck.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I see online when you build a 2020 TB there is an option on the Interior tab to add a rearview auto-dimming mirror. BUT it says this if you select it

Changing Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror will also change the following:
REMOVE
  • Rear Cross Traffic Alert
  • Front and Rear Park Assist
  • Safety Package
  • Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
ADD
  • Outside power-adjustable vertical trailering mirrors with heated upper glass
Price Change: -$545

Not sure why those options are tied in with what mirror you have.....

did mine today...its a quick and easy upgrade. ill provide a quick run down of the process. 

the plastic cover came off at first in one piece. gently pried at the sides and it slide right off. the smaller cover will pop off just as easy, nothing here needs to be overly forced. 

unscrew the T20 torx screw in the center of mirror bracket and mirror slides right off. 

on the roof panel remove the two L shaped cover pieces and remove the deeper set T15 screws. the entire panel will come right down with a gentile tug to release the two clips. 

ull see the needed plug glued in the opening more towards passenger side. you dont have to go digging for this. it was obvious as soon as i got the panel off. i used a flat head screw driver to lift it off the glue. again no hulk strength here. then feed connector thru hole and connect to mirror. dont forget to tighten the t20 back on to mirror and but everything back together. i also encourage you to test the mirror before you put it all back together. block the sensor on the back and shine a light into the sensor on the mirror side. again this is not a hard project. good luck and enjoy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...

First time Truck owner here! (2019 Trail Boss LT) Just want to say thank you to all of you for this and other topics to help me get to know my truck better. I changed my mirror following your instructions, and suggested parts. It’s perfect! 

CEA891A4-02B8-4E41-B9AA-5E666A0370C5.jpeg

609FA480-3037-462D-A3D5-534380E82DD9.png

Edited by DreDay29
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 11:08 PM, Zeker said:

I ordered that mirror and was told by the dealer it was the wrong connector. Truck was at the dealership for an oil change so I thought i would just have them install it. Did you just plug it in or did you have to modify the harness?  I think tech just did not want to mess with it. I think I will just do it myself.  

5 minutes ago, pschne1 said:

I ordered that mirror and was told by the dealer it was the wrong connector. Truck was at the dealership for an oil change so I thought i would just have them install it. Did you just plug it in or did you have to modify the harness?  I think tech just did not want to mess with it. I think I will just do it myself.  

It literally just plugs in.  They may have only noticed the larger harness.  But there are  no modifications needed to the mirror harness.