38 minutes ago, H-town Silver Bullet said:

When you do, I'm buying me one! I LOVE the "Chevrolet" across the grill of the custom trim but the interior & other upgrades is sooo lacking

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thought the indented lettering on the tailgate looks kinda tacky......that is until you add custom contrasting color plastic lettering which really makes it pop! Rather have the black bowtie than the Chevrolet lettering on the grille......cheapens it just like on the Fords.

On 7/15/2019 at 9:07 AM, Bikeman said:

3 things I miss from trading a 16 ltz to the rst. Auto dimming, electric folding mirrors. Cooled seats. And a key over push button. 

Not me, chose the RST over the LTZ for the same reason I chose the Traverse Premier Redline over the top of the line High Country......appearance. Traverse Premier was the only one with the blackout Redline package. Silvy RST only one with the color coordinated bumpers and grill....add the appearance package and 22' black alloys and it beats any chromed up LTZ.

And for $62 and half and hour's effort mine has a self dimming mirror, don't miss electric folding mirrors like on my Avalanche which after a few uses needed mirror readjustment, and love that there's no key....keyfob never leaves my pocket, no more fumbling with other crap in my pocket to open doors, hatch or tailgate and best of all - both cars set on passive lock/alarm so just get out, walk away and 8 secs. later cars beep to confirm they auto-locked themselves and set the alarm.

22 hours ago, Thomcat said:

Not me, chose the RST over the LTZ for the same reason I chose the Traverse Premier Redline over the top of the line High Country......appearance. Traverse Premier was the only one with the blackout Redline package. Silvy RST only one with the color coordinated bumpers and grill....add the appearance package and 22' black alloys and it beats any chromed up LTZ.

And for $62 and half and hour's effort mine has a self dimming mirror, don't miss electric folding mirrors like on my Avalanche which after a few uses needed mirror readjustment, and love that there's no key....keyfob never leaves my pocket, no more fumbling with other crap in my pocket to open doors, hatch or tailgate and best of all - both cars set on passive lock/alarm so just get out, walk away and 8 secs. later cars beep to confirm they auto-locked themselves and set the alarm.

Yeah, I definitely choose the rst for looks, mine is all black with basically no chrome. I personally hate the high country badging and the ltz and HC didn't offer the total blacked out look. 

So I finally had time to do mine yesterday.  Like others have said, the hardest part is removing the black cover behind the mirror.  It's in two pieces.  I was able to get the larger piece loose relatively easy.  But the smaller part, which needs to come apart separately to remove the mirror, was very difficult.  I actually ended up accidentally breaking some of the tabs, however, there are enough tabs that it still went back to normal.  Next I tried to pull the garage door/onstar panel down.  YOU DON'T NEED TO DO THIS.  I also ended up taking down both ends of the visor mounts.  I'm not sure if this is absolutely necessary.  Once the mirror and the black cover are removed from the windshield  you will see a hole in the head liner, put a finger in the whole and move towards the passenger side of the truck.  After a few inches you will feel a plug.  It's glued up there but with some encouragement you can get it down.  Feed the plug through the hole, plug it into the new mirror and put everything back together.  DO NOT FORGET TO PUT THE SMALL BLACK COVER PIECE BACK INTO THE LARGE BLACK COVER PIECE.  Enjoy the auto-dim mirror life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Sounds nuts, shouldn't be more than a 30 minute install. Center insert piece (must be removed first) of mirror shroud pops out. Spread sides of remaining shroud and it slides off. Loosen torx nut and slide off  old mirror. Install new mirror with attached "new" two  wire harness (Why the heck would you waste time and risk breaking crap by removing the overhead console and tapping into wiring?)

Pull decorative covers and remove bolts on passenger grab handle (no need to remove handle), remove passenger fuse panel, push wires under headliner, behind handle molding and down to the fuse compartment below. Positive wire to fuse tap on an ignition on source such as heated steering wheel and negative to a ground source metal dash support inside fuse cavity. Easy in-easy out and no compromising of factory wiring or connectors.

I got all the goodies on my AT4 from what I read we all need to be mindful that GM has taken away what we have come to expect as standard features. I believe many of these are still standard on the GMC which is more expensive typically. I do know GM is trying to make a bigger difference between the Chevy and GMC. 

On 7/8/2019 at 9:40 PM, tgriffi2 said:

Just recently got an LT and this drove me crazy too (along with the lack of led taillights).

Popped off the onstar counsel and the harness was up there, fully functional. It even cuts power when putting the truck in reverse so it stops the auto dim feature. 

Below is the gm part number. Took about 5 mins to swap out once I got it.

Part number 13581082

What's the trick to get the overhead on start console off? That thing is eating me 

Edited by Trail Jefe
Sowwllung

On 8/1/2019 at 6:39 PM, Trail Jefe said:

What's the trick to get the overhead on start console off? That thing is eating me 

That thing is a huge pain. Took me and a buddy a while to figure out. Here is a pic of a small trim piece to pry off if yours is the same set up. There are small screws under that trim to drop the counsel.

22C02494-1883-4E50-B359-3EAB10255032.jpeg

Edited by tgriffi2
Added info

Thanks for that tip. I got the trim pieces off and 2 screws but it still won't come down. are there other screws that i"m missing or some other trick? I tried pulling that center piece down but it gets caught on the sunroof button.

31 minutes ago, moritz1 said:

Thanks for that tip. I got the trim pieces off and 2 screws but it still won't come down. are there other screws that i"m missing or some other trick? I tried pulling that center piece down but it gets caught on the sunroof button.

If I recall, there were a few screws that were way up in there once you get that trim off. Definitely not noticeable right away. Had to feed the screwdriver up in there. I remember because getting them back in was a lot of fun....