After the install my question is, can you now get the auto dim driver's outside mirror to work and would this also be a plug and play?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/25/2020 at 8:07 AM, jeremyp said:

I just picked up my 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation that came with the uber lame manual dimming mirror without universal garage door opener controls. I've been looking into this and there is a mirror listed as a direct replacement that has the universal garage door opener but still has manual dimming. If the auto dimming mirror plugs right in to the harness that's there, why won't the auto dimming mirror with garage door opener plug right in? Here's a link to it. I know I can buy the Gentex mirror with the same features and do some splicing, but I'd prefer a plug and play option. 

https://accessories.gmc.com/product/garage-door-opener-package-(for-vehicles-equipped-with-auto-dimming-rearview-mirrors)-84350235?vin=3GTU9CED3LG175119

Has anyone tried this?? 

Thanks,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, I am looking into this mirror as well for my 2020 Chevy RST package with the manual dim mirror. Wondering if you went this route and if it worked? Thanks!

So I have been trying to find the 13581082 mirror but it appears to be out of stock.  According to a parts supplier it has been replaced with part number 13540312 but I can't find any info on it.

Anybody else ran across this?

Also there is a mirror on the Chevy accessories site which is dimming and includes the homelink function.  It's listed as part number 84350235.  

I already have the homelink feature and I am just looking for the mirror.  

• 3 months later...

Mirror swap.

Don’t recall reading if anyone has tried this. Soak the glue with rubbing alcohol for a little bit. Then use a hair drier directly in the area of the connector for a brief time then move to under the headliner. This method was very successful for me and the connector came off in one piece and clean. 

F2FF8F42-BA81-49F1-BE0D-49152F77B866.jpeg

D1F957AE-AB34-4F84-9EA3-ECC6CF578FBC.jpeg

Reviving this a little bit. Has anyone ordered part number 13540312? That's what's listed as the replacement for 13581082, but the picture shows an outside mirror. Not trying to get the wrong part.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I just upgraded the mirror on my 2020 RST. The wiring harness was glued up above the center light module. I used a hair dryer to soften the glue and was able to detach it. Verified wiring had power. I ordered the mirror with auto dim and the garage door opener from the owner accessories site at Chevrolet.com. P/N is 84738651 and it took about 3 weeks to get. I used my points so I was only out about $80. Got it today and hooked it up. Took about 10 minutes and that was with programming the opener. It really is plug and play. The auto dim feature works well and the opener is a nice upgrade too. Super simple mod and worth every penny!

On 12/21/2020 at 10:48 PM, Motor301 said:

Reviving this a little bit. Has anyone ordered part number 13540312? That's what's listed as the replacement for 13581082, but the picture shows an outside mirror. Not trying to get the wrong part.

Thanks!

Do you ever find correct part number? 13540312 seems to be out of stock at local dealer

Another option.    I have the OEM rearview camera mirror in my Denali.  I liked it so much that I started looking at aftermarket camera mirrors for my other car.  I ended up buying one that clips on to the existing mirror.  I recently saw this on Amazon.  Totally replaces the stock mirror plus you get front and rear dashcams.

I installed the camera on the inside of the rear window.  It is a hatchback so the rear wiper will clear away rain/snow.  I think this would work great on our trucks.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08JCC549G/?coliid=IPD3PLGMPMUUE&colid=V7378AWU6V8M&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

On 2/16/2021 at 10:19 PM, steig said:

Do you ever find correct part number? 13540312 seems to be out of stock at local dealer

I never actually did any more digging to be honest. Got caught up in some other projects and moved this one to the back burner.

On 12/20/2020 at 9:12 PM, bonzman17 said:

Mirror swap.

Don’t recall reading if anyone has tried this. Soak the glue with rubbing alcohol for a little bit. Then use a hair drier directly in the area of the connector for a brief time then move to under the headliner. This method was very successful for me and the connector came off in one piece and clean. 

F2FF8F42-BA81-49F1-BE0D-49152F77B866.jpeg

D1F957AE-AB34-4F84-9EA3-ECC6CF578FBC.jpeg

Has anyone with a WT done this, I had the interior light assembly down and I don't see a plug

On 2/5/2021 at 7:46 PM, Therickyp said:

Does anyone have a picture of the connector on the mirror? I ordered a used one b/c I can’t find a new one and I feel like a few pins are missing from the connector. 

C1CB1E2E-0B82-45FA-8195-7361267D3921.jpeg

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the mirrors?  What goes to each pin?

So I have a 2019 GMC 1500 AT4. It has the autodimming mirror, or though it looks like it does, but have never seen it dim in the few weeks that I've had the car, soo, not sure if it works or not.

Either way, wanted to know if anyone's done a mirror with HomeLink in it on the GMCs and how much did one run?