Lots of runoff from the “too high tech” thread it seems. 

I feel for the OP, having dealt with probably  a “higher than industry average” group of issues myself on my 2019.

I guess one difference has been my overall expectation of the truck. It’s the first model year of the “most advanced Silverado ever”...we all know what that means. Not saying it’s right, but it’s 100% true in everything, and every brand. That said, GM may have made it a bit worse this time around by rushing the platform out a year or two early to try to capture some of Ram’s sales.

The even bigger difference maker for me has been that my dealer has been just great to work with. Even when some things were screwed up, I feel I can trust them to make things right.

I can only suggest finding a dealer you can build some kind of rapport with. I will also say, bigger is better as far as speed and competency of service, getting parts, and loaner availability. Taking your truck to a dealer that has only sold a few of these trucks probably leads to techs being very inexperienced on fixing the common issues. Good luck.

I have been fighting with GM for months now on my vehicle. I have multiple problems and the vehicle has been at the shop numerous times for numerous different issues. I feel for the op. Gm has fought me tooth and nail trying to not buy it back. I’ve had multiple fix attempts on my front differential as well as a replacement and it still has issues. Replaced my Radio and it still doesn’t work. Brake pedal pulsating. Transmission tremble. Popping sound from roof. Multiple software updates. Etc etc etc. with all that said, they still haven’t bought it back. They finally agreed to have a field tech come see it to help in their decision. In any case, in the end if I don’t get the buyback I will hire a lawyer. But it’s true what the op stated, they have no idea how to fix many of these problems. They just throw sh*t at it hoping it’ll stick. Best of luck to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mistaare said:

2019 is not a T1? I thought all 2019-2020 Silverado’s and Sierra’s were t1’s? 

Ugh, still learning. 

Yup, A lot of folks are making the same mistake.

2019 Sierra is available as a Sierra Limited ..... that one is the Old Style and is nothing more than a 2018 with a 2019 production sticker.

Then there are the 2019 NEW Style T1 trucks .... these are the harbinger of what Silverado may be adopting, to some extent,  in 2020 or 2021.

GM has not exactly been clear or totally forth coming as I think they are experiencing problems.

I'm not sure if the 2020/2021 Silverado will have something like the ProTailgate or a split tailgate like some competitors.

For now, the 2019 Silverado is for all intensive purposes nothing more than a 2018 produced with a 2019 tag.

Attached is a photo of the 2018-2019 Sierra Limited on the left and the NEW Body T1 Sierra on the right.

Don't get me wrong ... I love the looks of my 2019 T1  SLT Plus with the X31 package and it's powerful 6.2 engine ... I just hate when the crap hits the fan and the servicing dealers don't know enough to handle it.

Oh, and for the fools who called my blurb B/S and Called me a Troll

I've included a photo of my Sierra and a copy of the window sticker with the vin #  covered.

Next time ask questions before you shoot off your mouths

2019 Limited vs 2019 T1.jpg

8-01-2019 New Tonneaqu Cover.jpg

Original window sticker w-o vin.jpg

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Yoda2 said:

Not a "Troll" in any sense of the word.

I've been in contact with the GMC Customer Service line on a weekly basis.

They call me to see what's happening.

As for changing dealers, the last time I spoke with GMC they were thinking of that as well and we contacted another dealer near my second home.

I had been there once before as well.

The technology on these T1 trucks is so revolutionary that the service departments tell me that they just change what their tip line tells them to do but they don't know how to trouble shoot the trucks.

The service department at the NJ dealership saw that my volt meter was reading erratically and below 14 v.

Not knowing that the new technology shuts off the alternator when its not needed, they changed the battery at no charge.

This is what I mean ...... GMC laid an egg and there are no hens to take care of the chicks.

As for Greco2003,  who suggested I was a TROLL ... why don't you give me your real email address and we can talk at length.

Calling names without actually knowing or seeing the problems make YOU to be a foolish person.

If you are so knowledgeable about the T1 GMC Sierra electronics ... perhaps you should work for GMC.

Why don't you search my other posts that show pictures of the problems

My truck is back at GMC/Buick in Riverhead NY AGAIN .....

Corporate called them AGAIN and now they found me a loaner after weeks of waiting.

I asked when I should expect it to be fixed and Jeff, one of the service writeres said they'll get to it when they can.

GMC SUCKS

None of your BS makes any sense.

They call you, yeah, sure they do.

Want my email too?

3 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Wages v Cost of Goods has compressed 40% since the mid 60's. Things are way more expensive than they were. This is a matter of USGOV public record if you wish to do your own research. Personally. I've lived it and that bold statement (quote above) is a load of crap. It takes two full time people in the family to do what was done with one at that time. 

Technology that moved the world was vulcanization of rubber, not Bluetooth for your phone. 

Well who do you believe the Government or your own lying eyes? Domino theory ring a bell? How about weapons of mass destruction? They base their estimates upon whatever they deem most suitable to produce the results they determine ahead of time. the nickel Hershey bar is now a dollar, $.24 gal gas is now $3.00/gal, a $2000 Chevy is now $40,000. The costs that have been surpressed is the cheap Chines stuff that flooded the market post Clinton to give a false sense that inflation was under control.....too bad they don't make Hershey bars, cigarettes or Chevy trucks.All you have to do is look at the GS scale for Government wages over the same period to prove it.

And wages vs. cost of goods is deceptive because wages vary by occupation and introduction of new job titles and industries as society progresses. All depends upon what you choose to determine as indicators....the Hershey bar is the most reliable. Baseball players in the 60s averaged about $40K.....now they make $4M+....fair indicator?....minimum wage was $1.50/hr now $15/hr....fair indicator?.......wages vs. cost of goods is whatever the Government decides as indicators and they use whatever they want to prove whatever results they desire and they should, but they don't use Hershey bars.

Takes two full time people to do what one wage could do previously for a good reason. Why?, greed and need for buying crap that we really don't need. In 1960 it was a one car family, one parent worked, the other stayed home saving travel costs, day care, clothing, time to discount shop, prepare food instead of eating out, watching a 18" B&W TV, now VCRs DVDs or video games only a free library and living in a 1200 sq ft. house with 1 family car for 5 people and available cheap mass transit.  I've got 3 cars for 2 people, plus plenty of other recreational crap and live in a house 4 times the size all fueled by cheap goods provided by cheap foreign labor, cheap foreign sourced raw materials and our automated factories and cars assembled by tireless robots. If the current Silverado was made of all U.S. sourced parts, and raw materials and assembled, calibrated and tested in the U.S. by hand labor in exactly the same way the $2000 '60 Chevy was manufactured, the current $40K Silverado would cost $100K+ and just might be as everyone demands.....but, you pay cheap, you get cheap: you pays your dime and you takes your chance.....same goes for the current $40 toaster that craps out in less than 5 years instead of the 60s era $5 quality toasters which lasted 20 years........and soon this $40K mass produced bargain basement parts bogged down with save the planet crap Silverado will be destined for the same fate as the $40 toaster.

40 minutes ago, Yoda2 said:

2019 Sierra is available as a Sierra Limited ..... that one is the Old Style and is nothing more than a 2018 with a 2019 production sticker.

Then there are the 2019 NEW Style T1 trucks .... these are the harbinger of what Silverado may be adopting, to some extent,  in 2020 or 2021.

GM has not exactly been clear or totally forth coming as I think they are experiencing problems.

I'm not sure if the 2020/2021 Silverado will have something like the ProTailgate or a split tailgate like some competitors.

For now, the 2019 Silverado is for all intensive purposes nothing more than a 2018 produced with a 2019 tag.

Hate to break your illusion of exclusivity, but the Silverado was all new for 2019 as well. And apart from body panels, is identical to your GMC. And just like the GMC, there was an LD Silverado (K2 platform) and the normal, new body style T1 Silverado. Same as they have done with the GMT400 and 800 platforms.

Edited by OnTheReel
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Yoda2 said:

Attached is a photo of the 2018-2019 Sierra Limited on the left and the NEW Body T1 Sierra on the right.

Don't get me wrong ... I love the looks of my 2019 T1  SLT Plus with the X31 package and it's powerful 6.2 engine ... I just hate when the crap hits the fan and the servicing dealers don't know enough to handle it.

Oh, and for the fools who called my blurb B/S and Called me a Troll

I've included a photo of my Sierra and a copy of the window sticker with the vin #  covered.

Next time ask questions before you shoot off your mouths

2019 Limited vs 2019 T1.jpg

8-01-2019 New Tonneaqu Cover.jpg

Original window sticker w-o vin.jpg

Are you not aware that Chevy also has a new version of the Silverado in ‘19. The way you state some of your “facts” make you sound very un knowledgeable about the new trucks. I’m not saying you haven’t had problems with your truck. Heck I’ve had a few with my 18 but when make comments like. “The 2019 Sierra limited is nothing more than a 2018 with a 2019 production sticker.” That’s where you lose me. Well no crap! Just like the 2017 and 2018 were nothing more than a 2016 with a 2017 or 2018 production sticker. That’s pretty much what auto makers do. Mid cycle refresh every 3-4 years with a new generation every 5-7. SMH

You are 100% correct.

I didn't mean to say the Silverado wasn't on a T1 set up but that it was, like the Sierra .. A vehicle in transition and the technichians are not yet equipped to properly diagnose and service them.

Thanks for correcting me.

Steve

Edited by Yoda2

12 hours ago, greco2003 said:

If you’ve had that many problems with it and it’s been down that long why not have GM do a buyback on it and start fresh 

That's the issue many of us are having with GM. They are denying buybacks for people who cant even drive their trucks because of failure issues.  Few people on here have been without their trucks for well over a month with multiple dealer visits and GM just ghosts them. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

I have been fighting with GM for months now on my vehicle. I have multiple problems and the vehicle has been at the shop numerous times for numerous different issues. I feel for the op. Gm has fought me tooth and nail trying to not buy it back. I’ve had multiple fix attempts on my front differential as well as a replacement and it still has issues. Replaced my Radio and it still doesn’t work. Brake pedal pulsating. Transmission tremble. Popping sound from roof. Multiple software updates. Etc etc etc. with all that said, they still haven’t bought it back. They finally agreed to have a field tech come see it to help in their decision. In any case, in the end if I don’t get the buyback I will hire a lawyer. But it’s true what the op stated, they have no idea how to fix many of these problems. They just throw sh*t at it hoping it’ll stick. Best of luck to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing with me. Lemon law it. GM isn't going to do shit to help you, just like the rest of us. 

They are STILL selling the LD model trucks that shake like crazy on the highway. GM has really become a joke of a company. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ct_corey said:

GM continues to sell the discontinued models into the next model year alongside the newer design if there is one to get rid of excess inventory parts and rebrand the remaining stock with the new model year just to dump them........did it with the '16 Malibu, did it with the '19 Silverado, did it with the '16 SS and currently dumping stock of the 'last of the 17 Impalas as '19s....may even sell some of them as '20s because they can't get rid of them........worst resale value since the Yugo.

Edited by Thomcat
Responded to wrong post - deleted text

29 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

GM continues to sell the discontinued models into the next model year alongside the newer design if there is one to get rid of excess inventory parts and rebrand the remaining stock with the new model year just to dump them........did it with the '16 Malibu, did it with the '19 Silverado, did it with the '16 SS and currently dumping stock of the 'last of the 17 Impalas as '19s....may even sell some of them as '20s because they can't get rid of them........worst resale value since the Yugo.

We know the reason man. I am saying they are stilling selling them knowing that the shake issue is still a problem.