Transmissions Issues/Problems

I have a 2014 Denali with the 6.2 and 3.42 rear end. My transmition has a awkard shift into second gear. The dealer said that this is normal because of the low first gear. Of course that is BS. The true is that these trucks have all been programed for max fuel economy. We will all have to wait for a an after market tuner to fix the driveability issues. I like my truck, but it could be so much more. I came out of a 2010 Tundra. The Toyota had a very good drive train.

I wish GM would learn that most people buy a truck because it's fun to drive not because of fuel economy. Or atleast that my opion. They should offer two programing options. One for fuel economy and one for those of us that want the best performance possible from our trucks.

That is where you shift the blame to the EPA who has a noose hanging around the industrial mfg world. I really wonder what all the mfg's could be producing in a world with a neutered EPA? Vehicles (particularly diesels) would be MUCH cheaper as well!

• Like 3

Same with my truck. One instance I was in the turning lane slowing down with brake slightly waiting for a car nine left lane to pass so I could pull into said lane, but, as the car passed I took my foot off the brake and hit the gas to get in the flow of traffic and the truck did nothing, I mean nothing. Like the truck was engulfed in a stupid confusion, it sat there while I pressed the gas pedal further and further getting pretty worried about the whole new set of cars getting bigger and bigger in my mirrors. I took my foot off gas and pushed back in and it finally roared forward spinning the tires like I was 16 all over again, only this time I was scared...

The transmission has acted up from time to time but a similar incident may have the potential to cause a wreck given the right circumstances.

Wasn't towing anything. Completely stock sierra 5.3 2wd 3:42 gears.

GMC1-

I have experienced the same issue multiple times. Push the gas pedal and the rpm's slowly started to rev and then rapidly revved up and the truck didn't go anywhere. It was like the transmission never engaged or it got stuck thinking about what gear it should be in. Very frustrating.

When i floor it real hard goin about 10 mph once it shifts into 2nd at around 40 it gives a bad sound SOMETIMES like it jerks real hard and pops imto gear. But this is only sometimes. Anybody else noticed this? I know these 6 speeds are weird but on a stock truck that hasnt been tuned it surprises me that it does that

Mine has a hard shift up and downshifting into 2nd. Just towed my travel trailer for the first time and the next time I drove, no trailer, it would shift hard into 2nd and the tac was dancing all over. No problems once in 3rd.

What has the dealer been telling you?

How old are these trucks people are having issues with? They are smart trucks, they learn. Give it a good 3-4k for the tranny to "learn" decent....just a thought

I've often wondered how long this learning process takes. Does it really take that long?

How old are these trucks people are having issues with? They are smart trucks, they learn. Give it a good 3-4k for the tranny to "learn" decent....just a thought

I've often wondered how long this learning process takes. Does it really take that long?

I know an allison takes a good couple thousand to relearn to the fullest. I've done a couple relearns with mine...

How old are these trucks people are having issues with?

They are smart trucks, they learn. Give it a good 3-4k for the tranny to "learn" decent....just a thought

I'm at 900 miles.

How old are these trucks people are having issues with?

They are smart trucks, they learn. Give it a good 3-4k for the tranny to "learn" decent....just a thought

I'm at 900 miles.

I don't know on the new ones but the allison you can reset the TAPS with a quick relearn or a full relearn. Dealer can do it with a tech-2, EFI live can do it as well or the allison scan tool. But I don't know about these new ones, call the dealer and ask. I'll be they ask you to wait a bit.

Do you guys chop the throttle lots? Downshift hard often? Best way to learn the tranny quickly for me is to roll into the throttle so it has a chance to feel each gear good, lockup t/c blah blah blah...I've reset taps a couple times trying to tame the hard hit of the triple disc converter in my truck. Turns out I gotta live with a truck that slams hard when the torque locks lol...

Like I said call the dealer and ask...I bet you they will tell you to wait a little bit let it learn awhile...

Same with my truck. One instance I was in the turning lane slowing down with brake slightly waiting for a car nine left lane to pass so I could pull into said lane, but, as the car passed I took my foot off the brake and hit the gas to get in the flow of traffic and the truck did nothing, I mean nothing. Like the truck was engulfed in a stupid confusion, it sat there while I pressed the gas pedal further and further getting pretty worried about the whole new set of cars getting bigger and bigger in my mirrors. I took my foot off gas and pushed back in and it finally roared forward spinning the tires like I was 16 all over again, only this time I was scared...

The transmission has acted up from time to time but a similar incident may have the potential to cause a wreck given the right circumstances.

Wasn't towing anything. Completely stock sierra 5.3 2wd 3:42 gears.

My 2011 Z71 5.3 did this. When it was time to downshift, it literally felt like the transmission just sat there, thought about what gear to go in, then applied power. It was really cumbersome. I hope this all gets remedied for 2015 *fingers crossed*