You think they would figure out a fix, instead of buying back all these trucks. All they have to do is take one that the dealer couldn't fix and go through it top to bottom and find the culprit. Guess that makes too much sense.

Buying them back and reselling them is still cheaper than FIXING everyones.

• Like 1

Buying them back and reselling them is still cheaper than FIXING everyones.

yep, they might have to spend millions buying back 5% of all the trucks they sell but doing full recall and fixing "everything" that's wrong with all of them would cost billions plus they can keep things out of the public news buying them back but a major recall is going to be front page news

Edited by keakar

WELL GUYS GOT RID OF MY VIBRATION TODAY SOLD MY 2014 SILVERADO POS TX EDITION . GOOD LUCK TO ALL. AND GM IF YOU EVEN CARE THIS IS THE LAST ONE I WILL EVER BUY.. WORST TRUCK I HAVE EVER OWNED.....

Had the truck for 1 year took it in with 300 miles for vibration sold at 16000 miles and it vibrated every day i drove it.. REALLY SUX IF YOU ASK ME.....

• Like 2

After owning this POS for 2.5 months, and arguing endlessly with GM for over a month to finally get my slipping, internally leaking, transmission fixed (PIP5175B), I finally got fed up with GM and their customer no service fake apologies and do nothing attitude about the vibration. I contacted an attorney and he pointed out that my state requires arbitration with GM before filing lemon law. I filed with BBB Autoline http://www.bbb.org/council/programs-services/dispute-handling-and-resolution/bbb-auto-line/learn-more-about-state-lemon-laws

I will see what GM offers to do about my 42K vibrator. Im expecting more do nothing attitude. Thats fine. This is a speed bump to the lemon lawsuit where I will get every penny back, and then some. Let the fake apologies begin...................

Edited by mikeinmobileal

I finally got tired of the steering vibrations, recalls, squeaks and rattles, droning noise at highway speeds and got rid of my truck. It is a shame because it was a great looking truck but I got tired of it being at the dealer all the time. I went through new driveshafts, new wheels, new tires, and even a new drivers seat. I hope for the sake of everyone on here who is still having issues that GM comes up with some solutions that work.

yep, they might have to spend millions buying back 5% of all the trucks they sell but doing full recall and fixing "everything" that's wrong with all of them would cost billions plus they can keep things out of the public news buying them back but a major recall is going to be front page news

Doesn't seem like a recall issue to me. If they could be certain of the repair(s) needed, just do it on a case by case basis. On the other hand, if it turns out to be an engine or tranny problem....

I am really impressed with the amount of testing they did on the rear end before replacing it. No "just throw parts at it" attitude. Happily, no more vibration.

I filed with BBB becouse GM and my GMC dealer keep giving me the run around. We will see what happens from here. Next move will be lemon law lawyer. 1 month old and 1300 miles now. GM and Dealer do not care what you say,they say it will take time to figure this out and hope you go away. But guess what, Nope!!!!

New to the site but I have the same problem with my Sierra Crew Cab SLE 4WD that started at about 400 miles so it did not come out that way, and as for as the comments take it back to the dealer they will fix it, the LEMON Law, give it back to the dealer, that is all a crock of you know what, I have had my truck back the dealership 8 times for the same problem a vibration, they have had the factory engineers out three time and looked and worked on it, first time the engineer did a couple of things and said that it was up to factory specs and that was all he could do, I drove it home and before I was a block away I could tell that they did not fix it, when I got home I called the dealer back and told him so he called GM and the next week they sent out the same guy and this time he worked on 5 or 6 other things that he did not work on the first time after telling me they did all they could do the first time. Right there tells you they are lying if there was nothing they could do why come back and work on it again! But after he got done it was just like it was, I will try to list some of the stuff that they said they did, 1) rotated the tires 2) re-torque the wheels 3) balanced the tires 4) balanced the drive shaft 5) shimmed the rear end 6) checked the rear shocks 7) took off dealer installed MUD FLAPS! 8) checked the exhaust system, I know but they did 9) road forced tested the tires twice and replaced two the second time and re-balanced the tires. And I'm sure I have not listed all they have tried, and still I have the same problem, third time the engineer came out he had the regional manager with him and this time they drove my truck and 2 others they had on the lot and said that they are similar to mine and they was not going to do any more to my truck that they had done all they could or would do but if I had any other problems to bring it back. I filed a claim with BBB Auto Line and after all the times back to the dealership with no Joy they said I could go before an Arbitrator but more than likely because this was not a safety issue are it had not been out of services for long periods of time that the outcome would probably not be good. So I know now that after posting this I have as much hope in one of the readers fixing my truck as GM and that is sad that they just don't care anymore. I have been a long time customer of GM cars and trucks owning over 11 GM truck in the past 30 years. P.S. have the dealer buy it back tired that too he said he would buy it back and give me $32,000.00 for the truck that sticker ed for $46,000.00 because "wait for it",,,, because it had a vibrations in it !

I road tested mine towing my boat for the first time since changing the trans mount. Vibration is still there. I dont understand why its way worse towing my boat. I tested it again coming down a bridge doing 70 (worse speed) and threw it in neutral and watched the tach go down to 600 RPM. Vibration didn't change until i got below 63. Then it disappears completely. WOW! I'm going to get my tires checked just so i can tell them i did so that they start further up the ladder.

Dang Good question. I think they would be the same but??? One could call around. I got mine from 4 wheel parts. Could not find the '14. would need to call.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits-Suspensions-Shocks/Shock-Absorbers.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=90&t_pt=3306&Manufacturer_PQ=Bilstein&kw=bilstein%205100

Toll-Free: 800-257-5629

I called Bilstein......they couldn't figure out the shock compression and rebound. The guy said the "springs" were giving them fits. ??? Did GM change something metal wise on the '14 springs?

So my truck went in for the 3rd time today. Waited 5 weeks for a new driveshaft and muffler ( had the annoying squeak whenever the engine came out of v4 ). They changed the shaft and they said the problem remains. Now they checking shaft angle ect. ect. The dealer is being cool about the situation, but can start to see they are running out of GM scripted lies and smiles. Not sure why they dont think this is a safety issue. Something is vibrating so badly it shakes a 5000 lb. plus piece of steel violently. Its bound to break. But hey, they basically got away with negligent homicicde with the starter issues. Why give a crap now? But anyway, to get gm to really do anything we as unsatisfied and concerned consumers need to file on the Nhtsa site. There is over 200 pages of complaints on this site alone. But on the Nhtsa, there are 32 complaints on the 2014 siverado/sierra. Only 2 of them were for vibration. Thats why GM feels they dont need to do anyt h ing.

Vibration is not considered a safety issue, but rather an annoyance issue. Therefore GM will not be forced to recall these trucks for vibration problems. Of course, they could do it without being ordered by the NHTSA, but what are the chances of that happening?

Edited by pm26

( had the annoying squeak whenever the engine came out of v4 ). They changed the shaft and they said the problem remains. Now they checking shaft angle ect. ect.

There is over 200 pages of complaints on this site alone. But on the Nhtsa, there are 32 complaints on the 2014 siverado/sierra. Only 2 of them were for vibration. Thats why GM feels they dont need to do anyt h ing.

the squeak in v4 is the little restrictor valve on the exhaust pipe, its not made right and needs replacing, its the shaft squeaking when it operates so some tie it open with hose clamp. there is a thread about it somewhere

and yes I agree we need to start making noise with youtube videos and filing with NTSA because this thing greatly affects resale values which is something they cant avoid by calling it a "normal" condition