Seat Movement Issues

On 10/30/2017 at 8:56 AM, Brian2015 said:

They most likely won't replace the entire seat, they replace the frame or install the replacement parts as stated in previous posts. I guess it depends on what the find or admit to finding. 

How did they fix this?  I need to do something, mine is getting worse. My side to side movement was corrected but the forward motion has started. Hose clamps only fix side to side movement right?

I noticed my seat in my 14 had a small click/movement when taking turns. Did the hose/hose clamp mod and it’s completely gone now. Whoever came up with this, huge thanks!

The dealer replaced the seat back frame again which did nothing for the seat base movement. I'm done with GM. The transmission shifts are horrible. As soon as spring arrives I'll be trading on another brand.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2017 at 6:11 AM, Brian2015 said:

The dealer replaced the seat back frame again which did nothing for the seat base movement. I'm done with GM. The transmission shifts are horrible. As soon as spring arrives I'll be trading on another brand.

Im in the same boat as you buddy. My local dealer ended breaking the cooler pipe to the A/C on my drivers side seat when they replace the seat frame.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had my full seat bottom frame replaced pretty early in the life of my '14 and then started experiencing the movement and click/clunk noise again right before warranty ran out.  The dealer did the rebuild of the seat bottom this time.  The truck only has ~22,000 mile still (most of my driving is in a work vehicle) so I'm really hoping this is a permanent fix and not something I'll be dealing with every two years. 

• 1 month later...

I have a 2106 GMC Sierra Denali with 8,500 miles and it has squeaky seats.  The seat squeaks every time I turn a corner or hit a bump.  Very irritating for a $60k truck.  I have taken it to the dealership twice.  The first time, they installed clips to stop my seat from moving; however it did not stop the squeaks.  After the second visit, the dealership said there is nothing they can do.  The service manager even said his 2016 2500 Denali does that same thing.  Does Anyone have a solution for the squeaky seats??? 

I've owned GM products for over 25 years.   FYI...  I tried out a Ford and Toyota with leather seats...  no squeaks.  My wife's mini with leather seats... no squeaks.  The 2011 GMC 2500 Denali I traded in... no squeaks.  Definitely NOT Professional Grade!  GMC needs to fix this problem or I will switch brands.

On 11/4/2017 at 8:25 AM, Epsilon Plus said:

My fix with the new P/N clip back on page 62 worked good for a few thousand miles, but started loosening up again like some predicted. I bought a #20 1 3/4'' hose clamp from Home Depot and put it around the GM clip and synched it down. Much tighter than the two plastic zip ties I had holding it in place before.

I'd have to image a GM clip and a hose clamp combo is the ultimate fix here apart from a redesigned seat frame.

Came back again. As bad as it ever was. Have the official GM fix and a metal hose clamp tight.

Looks like a redesigned seat frame is the only thing that will work. Maybe the fugly 2019 trucks will have it.

• Like 1

Can't believe folks are still discussing this as an issue.  My dealership (#1 in the nation, Laura Buick GMC in Collinsville IL) brought someone in from the outside and did the repair on my 2015 Sierra, 1500.   I have 30K on the truck now with no more seat issues. I believe he was an upholster, someone that deals with furniture.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2018 at 11:05 AM, Rhino6676 said:

I have a 2106 GMC Sierra Denali with 8,500 miles and it has squeaky seats.  The seat squeaks every time I turn a corner or hit a bump.  Very irritating for a $60k truck.  I have taken it to the dealership twice.  The first time, they installed clips to stop my seat from moving; however it did not stop the squeaks.  After the second visit, the dealership said there is nothing they can do.  The service manager even said his 2016 2500 Denali does that same thing.  Does Anyone have a solution for the squeaky seats??? 

I've owned GM products for over 25 years.   FYI...  I tried out a Ford and Toyota with leather seats...  no squeaks.  My wife's mini with leather seats... no squeaks.  The 2011 GMC 2500 Denali I traded in... no squeaks.  Definitely NOT Professional Grade!  GMC needs to fix this problem or I will switch brands.

i am new to this forum, but saw this thread and had to join just to comment. I have a 2017 sierra denali (freakin $60,000 truck...i know i should have gotten that BMW 535i M) which has been in 3 times to the dealership for this "repair". They messed up the seat cover, messed up the seat coolers and now tell me there is nothing they can do. Does anyone know California law well? After three repairs, i can demand a whole new seat, correct? By the way, this is Allen Cadillac who keeps messing up the seat, in case anyone is locale. I dont know why I keep taking it there. They did a transmission service on my last truck and let the transmission 4 quarts short. Long story shot, i got a new trans, but only after breaking down on the 405 freeway at 3:00am while driving to the airport...

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2014 at 11:29 AM, hotrodz37 said:

So I was able to solve the seat movement issue as a few others with hose clamps. I bought 2 - 1" hose clamps, and 2 - 3/4" rubber clamps and slid the rubber off of those and onto the hose clamps. I butted them up against the inside of the two white clips on the front of the seat rail. As you can see below the clamp doesn't but up against the entire clip, just the white part protruding at the top. I kept trying to get it right against it, and didn't realize until I took the picture that the white part sticking out was what it mated up against.

eza4ehap.jpg

evyjy9eb.jpg

Here are the parts that I pulled the rubber off of to go on the hose clamp:

http://www.ultimategarage.com/frontpage-images/ABARubberClamp1.jpg

So far so good and this seems to be a fix until GM comes out with a better one or if they don't, it will remain permanent. Hope this helps anyone who is having this issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this.

Just re-quoting for all the new members because I spent about 20 minutes trying to find the fix, with pics.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...