Seat Movement Issues

Pretty much. There are two plastic washers that are on the bulletin. It states to install them as well and A tube of lube. I couldn’t get the washers in and left it with just the retainer clip. It’s been over a month and haven’t heard it or felt it move since. It was about $20 for all, $12 was just for the lube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It'll be back, have no worries, lol. Dealer fixed mine with that clip and it lasted about 3000 miles.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

Hose clamps it is then lol 

It will take you longer with the hose clamps then it will with the process I just did. All the hose clamps are doing is limiting the movement of the electric motor where it bolts on. Same thing I did with closing the gap on the motor bracket and adding 1 washer to the bolt.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TJay74 said:

Ok, based on the above pictures that were shown I fixed mine last night. It literally took me 10 minutes to fix the issue.

Push the drivers side seat all the way back and all the way up. There are two up functions on the switch, make sure both the rear and front sections are up. Look by the center console side of the seat on the underside, you will see the motor there that actuates the front of the seat up. It is bolted in a black metal bracket, has a T30 torx bolt holding it in and the bolt is fully seated but has a gap by the head.

That is the issue, the gap. You can grab that motor as it is on a rod that goes across the front of the seat and is what rotates the front of the seat up. Grasp the motor and move it side to side, you will hear and feel the "clunk" that is felt when you are turning. Here is the fix, it is stupid easy and simple.

You will need some channel lock pliers, a T30 torx bit and a flat washer. Remove the T30 torx bolt and pull it out. You will notice it is a shouldered bolt, only threaded about a 1/4" or so. Now take the pliers and grab the bracket ears and bend them in together slightly. Just enough to take up the gap that allowed the motor to rock side to side. Now with a washer that will slide onto the bolt and down to the head, slide the washer on and then put the motor back into the bracket and slide the bolt/washer back into place and tighten the bolt down. Make sure to not bind the bolt up, check operation of the front height seat motor and make sure it goes up and down properly.

Thats it, you have now fixed the seat clunk on the seat. Had mine done for two days now, no more clunk in mine either.

Thanks for liking.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 10:45 AM, Uknow87 said:
On 8/10/2018 at 10:16 AM, pgamboa said:

Pretty much. There are two plastic washers that are on the bulletin. It states to install them as well and A tube of lube. I couldn’t get the washers in and left it with just the retainer clip. It’s been over a month and haven’t heard it or felt it move since. It was about $20 for all, $12 was just for the lube.

It'll be back, have no worries, lol. Dealer fixed mine with that clip and it lasted about 3000 miles.

I just reached up under the seat and installed the black clip (I got it online for about $6).  For added support I wrapped black zip ties around it to hold it against the white spacer shown in the pics.

Over 25,000 miles on the truck since then and absolutely no seat movement at all ...

Edited by sk
  • Like 1

I just reached up under the seat and installed the black clip (I got it online for about $6).  For added support I wrapped black zip ties around it to hold it against the white spacer shown in the pics.

Over 25,000 miles on the truck since then and absolutely no seat movement at all ...

Nice! Yeah, I realized the instructions to remove the seat cushion and pan was to lube the bar. [emoji23].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, sk said:

Do you happen to have a picture of that?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Oh. I thought he did something different.  

16 hours ago, BluEyeItln said:

Oh. I thought he did something different.  

Actually I did.  No pictures but I just ran the first tie like it says but added a second tie diagonally.  In pgamboa's picture it would go from the lower left of the white clip (under but against the rail) to the upper right of the black clip (above but against the rail).  Basically the first tie keeps the black clip on the rail and my additional second tie keeps the 2 clips tightly against each other.

On 6/17/2018 at 7:29 AM, 6.2_GMC_DEN said:

My seat was very loose side to side and front to back, it also made popping and creaking  noises especially when making turns with truck. After several trips to Dealer and paying for a half baked repair I had enough. I fixed my self and Installed washers on seat adjuster that moves the seat up and down and seat bottom tilt. The factory bolts threads bottom out and do not allow a tight fit and even with the plastic spacer the Dealer puts in per the bulletin there is still excess play and movement. See pics below with space I am talking about and pics on how to fix. I checked several other seats and they all have the same issue. This is a design flaw from the factory and I can't believe they have not addressed it.

Left side upper before fix.jpeg

Left side upper after fix.jpeg

Right side lower before fix.jpeg

Right side lower after fix.jpeg

I did this to my seat last night and it worked great.  My seat is now rock solid and no movement.

• Thanks 1