Seat Movement Issues

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered a retainer off ebay...worth the $3 to not make a trip to the dealer. Thanks guys for the info, hoping it fixes my seat movement!!

Did my install the other day, took ~10 minutes. You do not need to use any sort of 'death wheel' to cut this. Pair of snips and done, the material is soft. Solved my issues, we'll see as a rack the miles up if its a long term fix.

I know this is mainly a topic of the seat moving, but mine has a creaking noise that comes from the back right corner of the seat when driving. I think it has to do with the springs in the seat. It is absolutely annoying to drive. It is a 2015 crew cab with 39,000 miles. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this and what can be done to fix?

After my return to the dealer after the part came in, they replaced the entire seat track(clips wouldn't work they said) and I haven't had an issue for a couple weeks. We'll see.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

How long did it take them to do it? Dealer ordered my seat track replacement, just waiting for it to come in.

Mine would stop moving laterally if I lowered the seat all the way down but then it was too low for my liking. My solution (so far) was to raise the rear of the seat by installing 5/8 inch thick shims/washers and longer bolts where the seat bolts to the floor and leaving the seat powered all the way down. Much better than having the dealer jack around with it.

Just at dealer (here in Michigan) to get my 2014 done - $235 labor and a $5 part........they had to keep the truck overnight to inform me of costs. No thanks, I'll do it myself!

WHAT!! $235 in labor only to do the retainer clip?!

• 3 weeks later...