Seat Movement Issues

2 minutes ago, tofer372 said:

Good morning! After reading through several pages of this forum I ran across an article from GM regarding this issue that I think will be helpful for everybody !https://gm.oemdtc.com/1647/pi1183a-front-seat-lateral-movement-andor-click-type-noise-while-driving-2014-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra

That's been out and has been posted some time ago.

On 2/24/2018 at 9:08 PM, churchy1313 said:

I did the worm clamp fix and works perfect

no more seat moving and no more noise!

dealer wanted $325 to fix it.

I am so glad that I found this fix!

This mod did stop the side to side movement but I am still getting movement front to back. Anybody else experience this after the worm clamp mod?

Yes, I have the front and back rocking/clunk. The entire seat rocks. The dealer replaced the seat base twice and they say it's normal. Funny when I showed a salesmen he was embarrassed that the service department said it was normal. We compared it to a brand new truck, same body, same seat.....new truck was solid.

On 3/14/2018 at 6:13 PM, Brian2015 said:

Yes, I have the front and back rocking/clunk. The entire seat rocks. The dealer replaced the seat base twice and they say it's normal. Funny when I showed a salesmen he was embarrassed that the service department said it was normal. We compared it to a brand new truck, same body, same seat.....new truck was solid.

Where are you on the height adjustment?  I found that if the seat is all the way down it will rock front to back.  If you lift it up a bit the rock goes away.

25 minutes ago, andyhaug said:

Where are you on the height adjustment?  I found that if the seat is all the way down it will rock front to back.  If you lift it up a bit the rock goes away.

Makes no difference in my case 

• 1 month later...

The driver's seat on my 2015 Silverado is loose as well. Brought the truck to AutoNation of Pembroke Pines for warranty repair three times. They never even ordered the parts for the repair as confirmed by Chevrolet Customer Service. Only positive measure they took was to use a plastic tie strap to secure the seat frame, which did nothing to remedy the situation.
After months of dealing with Autonation Chevrolet and the truck now out of warranty I contacted Chevrolet Customer Care. The rep there bent over backwards trying to get my truck fixed at another dealership as I explained to her that I was not willing to waste one more day at AutoNation Chevrolet of Pembroke Pines, even though they now were willing to order the parts and do the repair after being contacted by corporate.
Unfortunately she was overruled by a Chevrolet regional manager who insisted I go back to AutoNation regardless of me having wasted many hours and days there. Now I have a truck out of warranty with a loose driver's seat.
Stay away from this dealership and Chevrolet altogether if possible. The dealer doesn't repair the vehicles as required, and Chevrolet is unwilling to have my truck properly repaired elsewhere. I've owned four GM trucks. One Certified Pre-owned, one used, and two new ones. Truly did not expect this from Chevy but I guess times are changing and business is now being done for the short term.

Buyers beware.

15 minutes ago, Obed Castillo said:

The driver's seat on my 2015 Silverado is loose as well. Brought the truck to AutoNation of Pembroke Pines for warranty repair three times. They never even ordered the parts for the repair as confirmed by Chevrolet Customer Service. Only positive measure they took was to use a plastic tie strap to secure the seat frame, which did nothing to remedy the situation.
After months of dealing with Autonation Chevrolet and the truck now out of warranty I contacted Chevrolet Customer Care. The rep there bent over backwards trying to get my truck fixed at another dealership as I explained to her that I was not willing to waste one more day at AutoNation Chevrolet of Pembroke Pines, even though they now were willing to order the parts and do the repair after being contacted by corporate.
Unfortunately she was overruled by a Chevrolet regional manager who insisted I go back to AutoNation regardless of me having wasted many hours and days there. Now I have a truck out of warranty with a loose driver's seat.
Stay away from this dealership and Chevrolet altogether if possible. The dealer doesn't repair the vehicles as required, and Chevrolet is unwilling to have my truck properly repaired elsewhere. I've owned four GM trucks. One Certified Pre-owned, one used, and two new ones. Truly did not expect this from Chevy but I guess times are changing and business is now being done for the short term.

Buyers beware.

You can buy the clip online for around $6 and do it yourself.  Search back through this thread for the part number (sorry I don't have it handy).

17 minutes ago, sk said:

You can buy the clip online for around $6 and do it yourself.  Search back through this thread for the part number (sorry I don't have it handy).

You mean to tell me that these trucks have had this problem since 2014, and that a $6 clip installation by a shade-tree mechanic can fix this? That makes it even more apparent that Chevrolet does not hold their customers in high regards. I'll look into it. Thanks for the info.

Edited by Ob2
Grammar

• 1 month later...

Hose-clampa-palooza.

I've got more clamps on here than a BDSM festival. Hopefully, the extras on the ends help the one holding the lateral clip that needed a few more cranks of the wrench. If this doesn't work, I'll mix up some quickcrete in a wheel barrow and form a slab. Or just put a small hammock there. If I'm going to slide around everywhere on every expansion joint, I might as well do it in style.

20180523_180722.jpg

Finally got around to doing the hose clamp fix - been meaning to for awhile now but just never had the parts when I had the time and vice versa.  Anyway, it's nice to drive without the popping seat again and I didn't want to have the dealership "fix" it since most people say it comes back anyway.  

Here is the bulletin for anyone wanting to do this. I bought all the parts for like $18. ($11 of it was for the Lube).

Took me 20 minutes to do... more importantly, time saved by not having to leave it with the dealer.

https://gm.oemdtc.com/TSB/SB-10072596-0335.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I'm having this issue with my 2015 and well.  I didn't realize it was a wide spread issue.  I will have to take a look at this more when I have time.  Any idea the cost for the parts?

• Like 1

I'm having this issue with my 2015 and well.  I didn't realize it was a wide spread issue.  I will have to take a look at this more when I have time.  Any idea the cost for the parts?

I posted the cost above. lol. $18. $6 retainer clip. $11 for he AC Delco Lube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk