Seat Movement Issues

On 6/17/2018 at 7:29 AM, 6.2_GMC_DEN said:

My seat was very loose side to side and front to back, it also made popping and creaking  noises especially when making turns with truck. After several trips to Dealer and paying for a half baked repair I had enough. I fixed my self and Installed washers on seat adjuster that moves the seat up and down and seat bottom tilt. The factory bolts threads bottom out and do not allow a tight fit and even with the plastic spacer the Dealer puts in per the bulletin there is still excess play and movement. See pics below with space I am talking about and pics on how to fix. I checked several other seats and they all have the same issue. This is a design flaw from the factory and I can't believe they have not addressed it.

Left side upper before fix.jpeg

Left side upper after fix.jpeg

Right side lower before fix.jpeg

Right side lower after fix.jpeg

this is the best fix for this problem works perfect

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

This isn’t a movement question but has to do with the seat memory locations.  I’ve set my seats and the exit memory to my adjustments.  Every time i Get in the truck the seat moves forward.  Anyone know how to fix this?  Am I missing something?  

• Like 1

This isn’t a movement question but has to do with the seat memory locations.  I’ve set my seats and the exit memory to my adjustments.  Every time i Get in the truck the seat moves forward.  Anyone know how to fix this?  Am I missing something?  

Try swapping key fobs. You might have fob #2 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dave07 said:

Put some washers on that T-30 torx bolt, movement gone! Nice job to whoever figured that out. Worked great and took about 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your welcome. Thanks!

It's amazing to me that people come on this thread ans continue to overlook this. Glad it fixed your issue. I have fixed hundreds of them.

• Like 2

Mine was clicking about every time I turned, braked....  I had seat frame replaced under warranty a few months ago, and it’s starting to do it again, I’m a bit disappointed, but seeing this makes me feel better about it since this truck won’t be under warranty for ever.   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:29 AM, 6.2_GMC_DEN said:

My seat was very loose side to side and front to back, it also made popping and creaking  noises especially when making turns with truck. After several trips to Dealer and paying for a half baked repair I had enough. I fixed my self and Installed washers on seat adjuster that moves the seat up and down and seat bottom tilt. The factory bolts threads bottom out and do not allow a tight fit and even with the plastic spacer the Dealer puts in per the bulletin there is still excess play and movement. See pics below with space I am talking about and pics on how to fix. I checked several other seats and they all have the same issue. This is a design flaw from the factory and I can't believe they have not addressed it.

Left side upper before fix.jpeg

Left side upper after fix.jpeg

Right side lower before fix.jpeg

Right side lower after fix.jpeg

I just did this to my truck as well and it fixed the problem for good! This was after 3 trips to 2 different dealers while my truck was under warranty. 

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:06 PM, chris15706 said:

I just did this to my truck as well and it fixed the problem for good! This was after 3 trips to 2 different dealers while my truck was under warranty. 

I put the rubber and hose clamps on years ago and have had to tighten em up a couple times since. They worked great but I had to keep the front part of the seat at it's highest point or it was still a bit loose. I did the washer fix this weekend and left the hose clamps and it is solid any way I go. I also tightened my G210 and 218 ground points to try a correct my Brake and Stabiltrac alarms and so far so good but I still think they will return. A shame we have to fix all these issues years later cause GM never could. My truck is nice but never again GMC..... I will be Yotaman again next time around. Thanks for the fix whoever "engineered it "

Yotaman

• Like 1