Seat belt chime disable 2019

I'm still waiting on my 2019 so I can't say for sure... but on the past trucks, there is a wire that comes from the bottom of the buckle between the seat and console.  Follow it a short distance to a small connector.  Unplug that connector and it will read that the seat belt is buckled.

On 9/22/2018 at 10:47 PM, GMC-AT said:

Those will work but you need to take them out if you actually want to buckle your belt.  Try these instead:

https://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com/chevrolet-silverado-seat-belt-extender/

Just order the 3" rigid in a color that matches your interior trim.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a pair of the extenders and they work very well. I drive along dirt roads and trails at slow speed looking for wildlife and the seat belts get in the way and if I do not have them inserted the truck starts to chime which scares off the subjects I want to photograph. The extenders fixed the problem and I keep them in the glove box to use when needed.

I have worn seatbelts since paying many visits to auto wrecking yards to get parts for a 1956 Triumph roadster and seeing to many windshields of cars with human head size holes where the passenger went through. The driver was most likely impaled on the steering wheel so both likely died.

Airbags are also great although I have the passenger airbag on my 2011 Silverado disabled as I have been waiting since July of 2016 for GM  to replace the activators in the truck. Apparently GM is hoping customers will die before the company has to spend the money on fixing the airbags.

• 1 year later...

It would be nice if they did like ford and Chrysler, just put it in the manual.  Sure it’s a convoluted series of apply the parking brake, buckle/unbuckle the seat belt and something else, but they tell you how to do it.  I sympathize, after you go to step out of the truck for 14th time and forget your seatbelt is on it sucks.