Stabilitrak

I have done the steering sensor unplug as mentioned earlier, that works for disabling stabilitrak only i.e. Traction control & ABS still function as normal.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Mozzer said:

It says at the bottom of the page that turns off ABS as well

Yeah that button goes through the wheel speed sensor which would also disable ABS.  I like the steering wheel sensor option.  I may wire in a hidden switch so I can leave the plug plugged in and disable at will.

Yeah that button goes through the wheel speed sensor which would also disable ABS.  I like the steering wheel sensor option.  I may wire in a hidden switch so I can leave the plug plugged in and disable at will.
That's what I was looking to do but there are three or four wires on the plug so would either need a multiple throw switch or need to know if one is power/signal etc that can be switched to disable.

2 minutes ago, Mozzer said:

That's what I was looking to do but there are three or four wires on the plug so would either need a multiple throw switch or need to know if one is power/signal etc that can be switched to disable.

Oh gotcha.  I havent crawled under to look at it yet.  How easy is it to reach? Like, can I reach down and unplug while driving, or does it have to be a conscious decision before getting in?

Edited by Kubs

Orrrrr you guys can buy this bypass as i did from shane hinds tuning to keep all the features and turn everything off on demand?! They go for 80$ shipped http://www.tuningbyshanehinds.com/2014-12-gm-truck-stabilitrak-disabler

155cb5d936998b48e4527e6962fcdde0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is everyone talking about the stabilitrak you can disable by holding down the traction control button after you disable traction control?

Literally you press the button once, it disabled traction control.

then you hold the button for 3-5 seconds and it disables stabilitrak. 

At least it does in my truck.

7 minutes ago, jaxcam02 said:

Is everyone talking about the stabilitrak you can disable by holding down the traction control button after you disable traction control?

Literally you press the button once, it disabled traction control.

then you hold the button for 3-5 seconds and it disables stabilitrak. 

At least it does in my truck.

Yes, the same one that comes back on automatically when you hit 35mph. 

So, you're driving along, thinking you have turned Stabilitrak off, because you have.  You expect your truck to behave accordingly.  But, you inadvertently exceeded 35 mph since the last stoplight, and then nannies come and unexpectedly shut your fun down.  The unexpected intervention causes the driver to be startled, overreact, and crash, and die.  Ok, I'm exaggerating a bit at the end there, but I think you get my point.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rkj__ said:

Yes, the same one that comes back on automatically when you hit 35mph. 

So, you're driving along, thinking you have turned Stabilitrak off, because you have.  You expect your truck to behave accordingly.  But, you inadvertently exceeded 35 mph since the last stoplight, and then nannies come and unexpectedly shut your fun down.  The unexpected intervention causes the driver to be startled, overreact, and crash, and die.  Ok, I'm exaggerating a bit at the end there, but I think you get my point.

gotcha, I live in FL so i never have to disable it unless in trying to play in the rain. Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, jaxcam02 said:

gotcha, I live in FL so i never have to disable it unless in trying to play in the rain. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I never notice it in the summer but in the winter on the logging roads here sometimes you can drive for 30 miles before finding a plowed turn around, so it is nice to disable Stabilitrak, floor the truck and spin around on the road. The only problem is Stabilitrak usually kicks at 90 degrees of your 180 degree turn. Now you are 7-point turning around between 2 snowbanks. All because GM knows how we should drive better than we do. I like the feature when I want it on, but when I select off, I want it off plain and simple. Can you imagine the freak-outs if you had this same issue on the Camaro or a Corvette? Another issue is that young kids learning to drive in these vehicles will never learn how to properly react to a slide or skid. if  they ever jump in a 98 1500 on winter roads they are going to kill someone. 

[

Another issue is that young kids learning to drive in these vehicles will never learn how to properly react to a slide or skid. if  they ever jump in a 98 1500 on winter roads they are going to kill someone. 

They'll do enough damage in the Walmart parking lot after growing up with a self parking car [emoji51]

• Haha 3

I too despise the permanent stability control.  There are situations, not just the fun ones, when drivers need all avaliable power.

I wonder if pulling that steering position sensor could adversely affect the operation of the SAB system.  The yaw sensor must communicate with both of them.