First Truck Mod Recommendations

Hey guys, my name is Westen. Just made the switch from ford to chevy and bought a 2018 Silverado Centennial edition. What attracted me to this truck was the centennial edition package. For those who aren't familiar the package is the 100 year commemorative edition. Comes with a few cool things on an LTZ chasis. Loved the paint and had to have it. So far I am far more happy with it than I expected to be. Starting a new build is exciting, just wondering what you guys would do for your first mods on a new truck that you must have. 

I put a picture of my truck somewhere on this thread. My first mods that I've done so far are very cheap mods. I live in California so the truck came with front plates, but I removed that holder, I think it looks so much cleaner. Cost me $0 and thats the best part! Next up I got a TrueSpike 5.5 inch antenna because I can't stand the long antennas. Saturday the truck is going in to get tinted. As for now, thats it but I've been debating getting the truck paint protected with XPEL, but the only thing keeping me back is the price. I know you gotta pay to keep your investment clean, but its a big purchase after buying a brand new truck. Anyone have any information on XPEL to help out?

I appreciate your guys responses & am looking forward to meeting some new people through out the build process! If anyone is interested in following me on instagram my user is @chevy.cent  Love to get to see some pictures of your guys rides & any mods

IMG_2881 copy.jpg

IMG_2956.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

Nice!

Welcome to GMT

How do you get away with not having a front tag? Doesn't California require one?

I lived there from 1980-1989 and yes they are required but I had a 68 Bug and 84 Z-28 and neither one had front plates. I am assuming that if the Police are following you, they see a plate and if they are coming at you and don't see a plate they (unless very bored or you give them reason) assume you are from out of state...would be pretty silly to pull a U-turn just to check for a plate. Now I did get a "Fix it" ticket for the Bug when I got pulled over for tint that was too dark. I changed the front window tint and zip tied a plate (I did have one) to the front and the ticket was dismissed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

I'd get it Ceramic coated before I'd bother with that.

You know, that was gonna be my suggestion to but I didn't want a PM from you about how I was being a dickhead so I suggested mods that will actually benefit him more for less money spent

Edited by Jacoby
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Westen said:

Hey guys, my name is Westen. Just made the switch from ford to chevy and bought a 2018 Silverado Centennial edition. What attracted me to this truck was the centennial edition package. For those who aren't familiar the package is the 100 year commemorative edition. Comes with a few cool things on an LTZ chasis. Loved the paint and had to have it. So far I am far more happy with it than I expected to be. Starting a new build is exciting, just wondering what you guys would do for your first mods on a new truck that you must have. 

I put a picture of my truck somewhere on this thread. My first mods that I've done so far are very cheap mods. I live in California so the truck came with front plates, but I removed that holder, I think it looks so much cleaner. Cost me $0 and thats the best part! Next up I got a TrueSpike 5.5 inch antenna because I can't stand the long antennas. Saturday the truck is going in to get tinted. As for now, thats it but I've been debating getting the truck paint protected with XPEL, but the only thing keeping me back is the price. I know you gotta pay to keep your investment clean, but its a big purchase after buying a brand new truck. Anyone have any information on XPEL to help out?

I appreciate your guys responses & am looking forward to meeting some new people through out the build process! If anyone is interested in following me on instagram my user is @chevy.cent  Love to get to see some pictures of your guys rides & any mods

IMG_2881 copy.jpg

IMG_2956.jpg

Welcome to the site. Great looking truck, but I am pretty biased with the 100's!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lsgun1 said:

Personally I'd cruise it for a few thousand miles and see what you like and what you may not. Appearance stuff is always something you could do in the meantime if you feel the need.

I like this idea for sure.  The Cargo light/reverse light mod is what I would do first.  It is easy and the most useful and PM me if you need the diodes.  Next, KN filter.

Enjoy !

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CombsL83 said:

Welcome. Great looking truck. My first mod was the Corsa Sport exhaust. Sounds great, I'll only purchase Corsa again for future vehicles. What motor do you have?

Ive got the 5.3L V8 with the active fuel management. I love the V4 thing for the gas mileage, however ive heard some bad things about it & it is the reason i havent looked into exhausts yet, not ready to bypass the V4 mode

4 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

Nice!

Welcome to GMT

How do you get away with not having a front tag? Doesn't California require one?

California is very weird. Technically yes i should have a front license plate by law. On my old truck i ran no front plate for the 2 years i had it and i never got stopped for it once. I always kept my second license plate handy incase anything were to happen. I figure, im gonna roll with it until something happens. Heres a picture of my old truck, because of the bumper not having a front mounting area i didn't worry about the license plate on the front.

ForestTruck copy.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jacoby said:

You know, that was gonna be my suggestion to but I didn't want a PM from you about how I was being a dickhead so I suggested mods that will actually benefit him more for less money spent

Any suggestions for intakes? i looked at a couple. Mainly trying to find one that can pass CA Smog standards