Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, my name is Westen. Just made the switch from ford to chevy and bought a 2018 Silverado Centennial edition. What attracted me to this truck was the centennial edition package. For those who aren't familiar the package is the 100 year commemorative edition. Comes with a few cool things on an LTZ chasis. Loved the paint and had to have it. So far I am far more happy with it than I expected to be. Starting a new build is exciting, just wondering what you guys would do for your first mods on a new truck that you must have. 

 

I put a picture of my truck somewhere on this thread. My first mods that I've done so far are very cheap mods. I live in California so the truck came with front plates, but I removed that holder, I think it looks so much cleaner. Cost me $0 and thats the best part! Next up I got a TrueSpike 5.5 inch antenna because I can't stand the long antennas. Saturday the truck is going in to get tinted. As for now, thats it but I've been debating getting the truck paint protected with XPEL, but the only thing keeping me back is the price. I know you gotta pay to keep your investment clean, but its a big purchase after buying a brand new truck. Anyone have any information on XPEL to help out?

 

I appreciate your guys responses & am looking forward to meeting some new people through out the build process! If anyone is interested in following me on instagram my user is @chevy.cent  Love to get to see some pictures of your guys rides & any mods

IMG_2881 copy.jpg

IMG_2956.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome. Great looking truck. My first mod was the Corsa Sport exhaust. Sounds great, I'll only purchase Corsa again for future vehicles. What motor do you have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I'd cruise it for a few thousand miles and see what you like and what you may not. Appearance stuff is always something you could do in the meantime if you feel the need.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Intake exhaust tune

 

in that order

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice!

Welcome to GMT

How do you get away with not having a front tag? Doesn't California require one?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get the clear bra before the front end looks like it was hit with buckshot.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

Nice!

Welcome to GMT

How do you get away with not having a front tag? Doesn't California require one?

I lived there from 1980-1989 and yes they are required but I had a 68 Bug and 84 Z-28 and neither one had front plates. I am assuming that if the Police are following you, they see a plate and if they are coming at you and don't see a plate they (unless very bored or you give them reason) assume you are from out of state...would be pretty silly to pull a U-turn just to check for a plate. Now I did get a "Fix it" ticket for the Bug when I got pulled over for tint that was too dark. I changed the front window tint and zip tied a plate (I did have one) to the front and the ticket was dismissed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jacoby said:

Intake exhaust tune

 

in that order

I'd get it Ceramic coated before I'd bother with that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

I'd get it Ceramic coated before I'd bother with that.

You know, that was gonna be my suggestion to but I didn't want a PM from you about how I was being a dickhead so I suggested mods that will actually benefit him more for less money spent

Edited by Jacoby
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Westen said:

Hey guys, my name is Westen. Just made the switch from ford to chevy and bought a 2018 Silverado Centennial edition. What attracted me to this truck was the centennial edition package. For those who aren't familiar the package is the 100 year commemorative edition. Comes with a few cool things on an LTZ chasis. Loved the paint and had to have it. So far I am far more happy with it than I expected to be. Starting a new build is exciting, just wondering what you guys would do for your first mods on a new truck that you must have. 

 

I put a picture of my truck somewhere on this thread. My first mods that I've done so far are very cheap mods. I live in California so the truck came with front plates, but I removed that holder, I think it looks so much cleaner. Cost me $0 and thats the best part! Next up I got a TrueSpike 5.5 inch antenna because I can't stand the long antennas. Saturday the truck is going in to get tinted. As for now, thats it but I've been debating getting the truck paint protected with XPEL, but the only thing keeping me back is the price. I know you gotta pay to keep your investment clean, but its a big purchase after buying a brand new truck. Anyone have any information on XPEL to help out?

 

I appreciate your guys responses & am looking forward to meeting some new people through out the build process! If anyone is interested in following me on instagram my user is @chevy.cent  Love to get to see some pictures of your guys rides & any mods

IMG_2881 copy.jpg

IMG_2956.jpg

Welcome to the site. Great looking truck, but I am pretty biased with the 100's!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lsgun1 said:

Personally I'd cruise it for a few thousand miles and see what you like and what you may not. Appearance stuff is always something you could do in the meantime if you feel the need.

I like this idea for sure.  The Cargo light/reverse light mod is what I would do first.  It is easy and the most useful and PM me if you need the diodes.  Next, KN filter.

 

Enjoy !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CombsL83 said:

Welcome. Great looking truck. My first mod was the Corsa Sport exhaust. Sounds great, I'll only purchase Corsa again for future vehicles. What motor do you have?

Ive got the 5.3L V8 with the active fuel management. I love the V4 thing for the gas mileage, however ive heard some bad things about it & it is the reason i havent looked into exhausts yet, not ready to bypass the V4 mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

Nice!

Welcome to GMT

How do you get away with not having a front tag? Doesn't California require one?

California is very weird. Technically yes i should have a front license plate by law. On my old truck i ran no front plate for the 2 years i had it and i never got stopped for it once. I always kept my second license plate handy incase anything were to happen. I figure, im gonna roll with it until something happens. Heres a picture of my old truck, because of the bumper not having a front mounting area i didn't worry about the license plate on the front.

ForestTruck copy.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jacoby said:

You know, that was gonna be my suggestion to but I didn't want a PM from you about how I was being a dickhead so I suggested mods that will actually benefit him more for less money spent

Any suggestions for intakes? i looked at a couple. Mainly trying to find one that can pass CA Smog standards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Similar Content

    • By Gianni76
      Hello all. 
       
      I am about to purchase a new vehicle and am considering a 2014-2016 silverado 1500. Im wondering if anyone here has any of these years that has put a lot of kms on it. I wondering how reliable they are and what problems if any you have ran into with them. The reason I'm asking is because I purchased a subscription to Consumer Reports and Reliability was only a 2/5 and overall satisfaction was a 3/5.
       
      I just paid off a 2011 F150 a year ago and now it has a stretched timing chain @ 140k. I really don't want to buy a piece of shit again.
       
      Also, the dealership gave me a 2014 1500 to try out for a few days and i really loved the truck except for one thing. In comparison to my F150 it was an extremely rough ride. It seems like every dam bump on the highway was pretty jarring. Even my lady friend noticed it clearly and she doesn't give a shit about anything when it comes to vehicles. I've heard gm/chevy ride a little stiffer but this seemed pretty bad. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    • By ARCH89
      Hey Everyone,
       
      I am about to pull the trigger on a 2017 or 2018 Sierra 1500 SLT. My main issue right now is do I  buy one on the lot with the standard V8 (5.3) or do I order one with the 6.2 L? I tow a 5000 lb travel trailer often and a smaller 10 foot utility trailer. I am coming from a Diesel Volkswagen Touareg with over 400 lb feet of torque. This will be my daily driver. I am not concerned about the money to upgrade the engine but more so whether It is worth it. I really like the power ratings of the 6.2 l but is it that much more noticeable than the 5.3? I don't want this truck to feel "slow" since I am coming from a torquey vehicle.
       
      Thank you
    • By Skeeter03
      So I just got a 2017 gmc 1500 elevation addition truck that will be used to tow a 4000 boat setup. I'm planning on leaving for a trip next week and only will have around 700 miles on it. Do you see an issue with towing 800 mile round trip mostly highway through some mountains with low mileage. The breakin in says don't tow for first 500 and keep under 50mph. Under towing says first 500 towing keep under 50mph also. I don't see that being realistic. Have been on highway for some short runs (25miles a few times). Last truck f150 never did any of this and never had an issue in 12 years I owned it. It's a 5.3 with 3.42 rear end. Think it has a transmission cooler on it.
      Thanks for the info guys
    • By Debra in Cali
      After talking for a few weeks about getting a 2500 to pull our future trailer we decided to go for it. When Chevy came up with the 0% financing that sealed the deal for us. ( I LOVE using OPM. )
       
      The new truck solves the few problems that we have with the 1500. The DC wasn't working for us with car seats. With another grandbaby on the way in 3 months, it was going to be a nightmare with two little guys crammed in the backseat. So the new one is a CC.
       
      We are upgrading our trailer in the next year or two. The current one isn't working for us. It is too small and we want one with slide-outs. So our only option was to get the 2500 HD to pull a heavier trailer. Also this truck has tow mirrors. YES! I kicked myself for days after buying my 1500 without the tow mirrors.
       
      My husband has a bad back and the passenger seat in my LT wasn't cutting it. But since I got the LTZ he will have the totally adjusted lumber support seat.
       
       
    • By Bobschatter
      Hi gang. Bought a 2016 Silverado High Country Crewcab May 25th 2016. . I want to see if ya'll can help on a particular issue. I was putting in new floor mats and noticed a lot of lint under the rear seats. I popped up the seats and boom...saw this! Can anyone verify the same on their 2015/2016 crewcab? As shoddy as it looks maybe the holes are for air flow from the 2 vents on the back outside wall of the cab...though a simple plastic grill insert would be more appropriate. The cutout however looks like someone on the production line forgot to hook up the wiring harnesses and when it was caught during an inspection they simply cut a hole to get to it. The picture doesn't do it justice...the cutout is about 6"x3" and the holes cover an area 2x as big. Definately seems like it would allow intrusion of noise, heat, cold, etc. Ok, any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.




  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Forum Statistics

    206,517
    Total Topics
    2,208,451
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    175,819
    Total Members
    8,960
    Most Online
    PGdynamics
    Newest Member
    PGdynamics
    Joined
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 283 Guests (See full list)

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.