New Silverado commercial - What color is this truck...

So I was watching hockey last night and saw this new Silverado commercial, and one of the featured trucks caught my eye.  I believe its a Trail Boss with the optional 22" wheels, but what color is this truck?  IMO it looks to be Northsky Blue but it looks much brighter here than in the pics I have seen. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 9.21.42 AM.png

Edited by Jricharc
typo
  • Like 1

I know the front end looks black, but it seems to be an RST not TB. No Z71 badge on the fender, regular 4x4 decal on the bed, standard ride height.

I’m sure they did plenty of doctoring to the truck and the footage to get that appearance. Worse than a fast food commercial!!!

• Like 1

Northsky Blue is a fairly deep metallic color.. it will look fairly dark or light depending on the lighting on it.  Even in that pic you can see the dark shadows up high on the same side panels shining brightly below just from the body line changing the reflection angle.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

I know the front end looks black, but it seems to be an RST not TB. No Z71 badge on the fender, regular 4x4 decal on the bed, standard ride height.

I’m sure they did plenty of doctoring to the truck and the footage to get that appearance. Worse than a fast food commercial!!!

Funny you mention that, I was planning on getting the RST model and blacking out the front end like the Trail Boss and adding the black 22" wheels, someone at GM was reading my mind.  

Edited by Jricharc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jricharc said:

So I was watching hockey last night and saw this new Silverado commercial, and one of the featured trucks caught my eye.  I believe its a Trail Boss with the optional 22" wheels, but what color is this truck?  IMO it looks to be Northsky Blue but it looks much brighter here than in the pics I have seen. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 9.21.42 AM.png

It's an RST not a Trailboss.  Color is Northsky blue.  It does have the optional 22" rims.

So I assume that is not Northsky blue in the commercial then...  Dammit, I want a light blue like that color like Kinetic blue on the Colorado and Camaro.

Edited by Jricharc

Just now, f8l vnm said:

That truck has the 6.2 I read somewhere. 

Yeah, if you watch the video GM Trucks did on their ride in that truck you can listen to the motor and know it's the 6.2L. 

Also, I do think it's Northsky Blue Metallic. I have a Satin Steel Metallic, and it's amazing how much it changes from shade to direct light. 

Example, here's a NSB in direct sun. It looks like the one in the video (and at Daytona): 2019-chevy-silverado-1500-ltz-northsky-b

The one in the commercial doesn’t look like it has task lights on the mirrors like the pace truck does.

More than likely it’s just Northsky Blue, through some sort of after-production filter to alter the tone. I don’t put much stock in how anything looks on TV, but I also doubt they would take the decals off, replace the side mirrors and use the pace truck...