Does 2021 Sierra AT4 have rain-sensing wiper?

I have to say coming from Jeep/RAM and theirs always works great...not having this on my New fully loaded 2021 Sierra 1500 AT4 was a shock.  It's funny what we get used too, but I'd gladly live without lane sensing over Rain Sensing.  Perhaps they need to talk with other manufactures on getting the design/technology right and reincorporate this as I would think twice if I did not have this for future purchase/lease etc...

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 9:11 AM, johnnymi5 said:

I have to say coming from Jeep/RAM and theirs always works great...not having this on my New fully loaded 2021 Sierra 1500 AT4 was a shock.  It's funny what we get used too, but I'd gladly live without lane sensing over Rain Sensing.  Perhaps they need to talk with other manufactures on getting the design/technology right and reincorporate this as I would think twice if I did not have this for future purchase/lease etc...

Exactly, I uesd to have 2019 ram1500 limited and 2018 Jeep grand Cherokee trailhawk, I am used to have the rain sensing wiper. Also the automatic high bean works like trash, ram/jeep didi much better job on that, by trash I mean when Im cruising on highway the high beam will turned on and off even their is car coming front like im flashing them, so awkward I have to turn the automatic high beam off. 

I can confirm that the 2021 AT4 with all the bells and whistles still does not come with auto rain sensing wipers.  Why, I don't know.  I had a 2015 F150 Lariat that had it, it should be standard in these higher end trucks especially for what they cost.

On 1/22/2021 at 7:29 AM, Jeff Brandt said:

I can confirm that the 2021 AT4 with all the bells and whistles still does not come with auto rain sensing wipers.  Why, I don't know.  I had a 2015 F150 Lariat that had it, it should be standard in these higher end trucks especially for what they cost.

I cannot understand this, its such a creature comfort that is simple and blows my mind they have not included it.  When I'm spending close to 100k (cdn) for a truck I expect to get options such as this as STANDARD.  My old BMW, MB from the late 2000's had them as standard options and so did older GM trucks, so I simply do not understand it.

I was really surprised that my 2019 Denali Ultimate lacked  this feature too. Every other vehicle I've owned in the last 15 years has had this feature, so I never even thought to ask about it when I took delivery. Can't think of any reason other than cost cutting that GM didn't include such a simple and proven feature from the truck.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

It appears my new 2022 Denali Limited (basically a 2021 Ultimate holdover made in 2022) does not have rain sensing wipers.  I’m very surprised and bummed about this. My 2004/5 Jeep Grand Cherokee had them and they worked great. Would love to retrofit them but that seems highly unlikely. The 2022 Denali Ultimate Refresh is supposed to have it. That vehicle is a mere $7k more and probably another $5k over msrp so I can live without it. Still, that ain’t right. 

Just heard the Rod Stewart song on xm coming back from store.  'Some men have all the luck'.  Anyhow part of the chorus rings true to this thread;   "Some men do nothing but complain"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

According to the GM Authority site, the new 2022 refreshed Sierra's have them on SLT's and above. I just ordered a 2022 Denali with the Reserve package. I did not see it listed in the preferred equipment group for 5SA. I've had them on a few Cadillacs. Not a big fan. Maybe they've improved?

Edited by smit303

12 hours ago, Transient said:

Didn't MB first come out with this feature?  If so, that may explain why Ram and Jeep had it.  I'm no expert, though.  

Not sure. The earliest vehicle I had it on was a 2008 CTS.