While my truck was at the dealer they gave me a 2014 tx edition with 500 miles as a loaner with continetal tires and it had the same vibration.. I think they don't know what the problem is so they blame the tires ... I ran the same goodyear tire on my 2008 sierra tx edition and had no problems at all. ( And why would they have my dealer shim my motor mounts with washers) A $38000 dollar truck with washers on the motor mounts...

• Like 1

Wow that's lot of bad tires if u ask me. (Lol)

yes it is mostly tires or the poor balancing of such. All new tires will ride much better if trued by someone that knows how to properly true a tire and high speed balance on the car/truck. A new truck here or there may have mechanical issue but most vibs in steering wheel and seat are the result of tires and balancing. All tires are out of round some and weight too. It is a matter if enough to cause a ride problem even with a good balance.

If I were one of the unfortunate here with the vibration problem, I would start with the tires. And not at the dealership. Then with good tires and balance and still a problem go back to the dealer. Let the dealer know about the vib problem and take their shot and then if not fixed, let them know you are going to replace the oems. This way they cannot say well it is those new Michelins....

Unless it comes with Michelins, to me replacing oem tires is just a mod that should be done as soon as possible. Same with shocks.

My guess is they are all good year tires, Someone at GM should be pi$$ed with all the vibration troubles.

They must have got a really good deal on a train load of these lousy tires. Which in the end was a very bad deal after all. Or, there is another problem somewhere and they have no idea what.

Edited by pm26

yes it is mostly tires or the poor balancing of such. All new tires will ride much better if trued by someone that knows how to properly true a tire and high speed balance on the car/truck. A new truck here or there may have mechanical issue but most vibs in steering wheel and seat are the result of tires and balancing. All tires are out of round some and weight too. It is a matter if enough to cause a ride problem even with a good balance.

If I were one of the unfortunate here with the vibration problem, I would start with the tires. And not at the dealership. Then with good tires and balance and still a problem go back to the dealer. Let the dealer know about the vib problem and take their shot and then if not fixed, let them know you are going to replace the oems. This way they cannot say well it is those new Michelins....

Unless it comes with Michelins, to me replacing oem tires is just a mod that should be done as soon as possible. Same with shocks.

Balancing tires properly is a neverending problem. Tires on my '09 Impala LTZ are difficult to balance for some reason and usually it takes three tries to get them balanced perfectly. I get a smooth ride for 20k miles if they are done right, so I know the tires are good. Generally the larger the tire diameter, the more difficult they are to balance properly. And cars are typically more sensitive to improperly balanced tires than trucks.

Well it has been about 200 miles since the dealer swapped the goodyears for Bridgstones and yes the wobble is gone, but I have to say this is the worst truck ever. The steering wheel is not smooth there is a constant slight vibration that is not tire related and even the smallest cracks in the road feel like you are hitting giant pot holes and the whole truck bounces. Every little thing is felt directly through the steering wheel.

If anyone is reading this post DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE!!! I have had at least 10 chevy and GMC trucks and never had such an awful time driving a vehicle as this one. Can't wait to trade out of it.

I typically never buy first year redesigned vehicles, no matter what the make and model. They all seem to have some issues, some worse than others. But these vibration problems are very frustrating.

Have tried running slightly lower pressure in your tires to see if the ride is less harsh? I mean 2 to 4 psi less, anything beyond that may be unsafe.

Just had my 2014 Silverado Crew Cab4x4 6'6 " box 3.42 rear end to dealer for vibration but this happens at approx 30 mph at 3000 rpms under moderate to heavy acceleration coming out of a turn but they couldn't duplicate it. I also have noticed the tach surging when in 4 cyl mode at 1000-1200 rpms when going up slight incline but forgot to mention it to them. Have not noticed the vibration at 60 mph and up and I have Goodyear tires not sure which model. 3100 miles on truck but I have a topper so maybe the extra weight of that makes it not noticable. I also complained about a large hesitation when going up hill, letting off gas then trying to accelerate. The truck will do nothing to accelerate for at least a second (seems like forever) then will take off like nothing happened. Only happened twice. The dealer said it normal so the trans gears don't slam into each other. I think otherwise.

I just bought a 2014 Silverado, with the former "extended" cab setup, 5.3 l engine,18 inch wheels, Goodyear tires. I'm thinking I should have run away...when I first drove the vehicle, on the interstate, I said out loud to the salesman and my wife "it has a vibration." Thinking it was just an unbalanced tire, I went ahead and purchased the truck. Now, the dealer has force balanced all the tires, which did not solve the problem. The service manager has agreed that there is a vibration, but he and a technician drove other trucks of the same configuration under the same circumstances - about 65 to 72 mph - and they all had the same vibration. I am not happy with Chevrolet...These vehicles are advertised as being quiet and so forth...not so. I am not a happy camper. I won't be able to speak again with the dealer until next week. A poor vehicle. I will pursue my options now, with the things I've seen here.

Edited by Springmilld
  • Like 1

I just bought a 2014 Silverado, with the former "extended" cab setup, 5.3 l engine,18 inch wheels, Goodyear tires. I'm thinking I should have run away...when I first drove the vehicle, on the interstate, I said out loud to the salesman and my wife "it has a vibration." Thinking it was just an unbalanced tire, I went ahead and purchased the truck. Now, the dealer has force balanced all the tires, which did not solve the problem. The service manager has agreed that there is a vibration, but he and a technician drove other trucks of the same configuration under the same circumstances - about 65 to 72 mph - and they all had the same vibration. I am not happy with Chevrolet...These vehicles are advertised as being quiet and so forth...not so. I am not a happy camper. I won't be able to speak again with the dealer until next week. A poor vehicle. I will pursue my options now, with the things I've seen here.

I think your issue is "Dealer force balanced" Key word is Dealer. Take it to a reputable tire specific store and have them do it. It's apparent that GM and it's dealers either don't have the proper equipment/ training or both.

Either that or demand they change the tires to another brand other than Goodyear.

Just my .02

Mike

Edited by mzodarg
  • Like 1

I don't think its the tires unless they are not balanced properly. I have been reading the thread about the vibration and possible tire issue. We have two 14 LTZ Silverado 4x4 short bed crew cabs in our house hold. Both have the 20 chrome rims with 275 55 20 Wrangler SRA tires. Neither have any type vibration at all up to 90 mph and are as quiet as a church mouse. That's as fast as I have been. One truck has 4,000 miles and the other close to 2,000 miles on it.

I would not expect a dealership to be able to properly balance a tire in 30 mins or 30 days. find a good tire shop. Then you will know: 1. it is the tires or 2. it is not the tires.

A good shop can tell you if it is too far out to balance. Then new tire. A really good tire shop can true a tire and high speed balance on the auto. A really good shop like this is hard to find but if you do put them on your Christmas list.

Again, replacing OEMs and a good balance job should be considered a mod and not play lets beat up the dealership tell they give me new tires that they cannot balance either. Good luck guys.

Springmilld,

Hello! I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I would like to look into this concern for you. Could you private message me referencing this tread including your contact information, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership?

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

• Like 1