Well guys, it finally happened with the 2019's coming out and all these dealers trying to move their new and used 18's I broke down and upgraded my 2014 GMC 1500 to a Certified 2018 Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 w/ only 2700 miles! I am pretty excited about it, she's bone stock and she won't last that way for long.

Going from 35's to stocks is going to be quite the transition at first, but don't fret! There are changes coming soon and I figured I would track my build right here, hope y'all will enjoy! 

It already started yesterday as I did some research and discovered my K & N cai will fit on the 2018, so I pulled that off and put the stock intake back on, also took the hidden light bar out of the grill, and of course took my good ole trusty tool box off (this will be truck number 5 for the tool box!). I placed an order just a few minutes ago and there are more goodies coming soon!

Please let me know if y'all have any comments, ideas, or questions!  

21922c5e50b04d3fb05a404637a287b5 (3).jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I dought it was traded in, more likely a demo.

Oops, I just noticed it was certified, so that doesn't sound like a demo.

Edited by SSchup
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, SirenRed16 said:

The same thing came to me. I hope it's not a shaker and hopefully OP enjoys it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It was a demo truck for the manager at the dealership, I got it up to 80 on the test drive and drove it around town. I'm not too worried at all! 

Thank's everyone! I am looking forward to starting on this one, I'll miss my 14 but there's something about a blank canvas you just have to love! 

• Like 2

Congrats man.

Just as a heads up to all, dealers can choose which vehicles to certify. It's got to go through the process but the dealer basically spends the extra time to inspect it and GM warranties it for longer so you pay for that peace of mind. A demo can indeed be certified since it's technically "sold" to the dealer.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TyGriff13 said:

It was a demo truck for the manager at the dealership, I got it up to 80 on the test drive and drove it around town. I'm not too worried at all! 

Thank's everyone! I am looking forward to starting on this one, I'll miss my 14 but there's something about a blank canvas you just have to love! 

I bought mine last month as a managers demo, Summit White LTZ with the 6.2 and NHT package. Mine is totally smooth at all speeds and the 8-speed is flawless. Just kind of wished I had the color matched front end, will probably end up doing away with the chrome. I wanted the 3.42 rear axle because I new I would be going to larger tires and a small lift on it.

Edited by SSchup
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, SSchup said:

I bought mine last month as a managers demo, Summit White LTZ with the 6.2 and NHT package. Mine is totally smooth at all speeds and the 8-speed is flawless. Just kind of wished I had the color matched front end, will probably end up doing away with the chrome. I wanted the 3.42 rear axle because I new I would going to larger tires and a small lift on it.

The color matched front end was a must have for me, but I'm incredibly jealous of your 6.2. I had a 15 Sierra with it and I loved that motor! 

4 hours ago, texasaggies16 said:

nice truck but i mean what was wrong with the previous? couldnt imagine myself trading just for a different color or something small aesthetically. 

Not a thing wrong with the previous it was just an almost 5 year old truck with 80k miles on her, which 60k of was from me in the past year and a half (I drive a lot for work). So it was just time to upgrade to something newer with less miles. It had absolutely nothing to do with color or anything like that. Actually the color on my 14 is the best color GM ever made in my opinion, which was Emerald Green Metallic.Probably my favorite truck that I've owned up to this point but it was time for a new one and with the deals they're running right now it just made sense and they gave me a pretty penny for mine on trade in. 3 years newer and 77k less miles for only a $9,000 difference. It was too good to pass up! 

32 minutes ago, 2009GMC said:

Congratulations! How many miles on 14? Any issues? 

Just under 80k miles on the 14, I replaced the steering rack around 65k miles but other than that no problems at all! She's been a great truck but it' just time for a new one. 

50 minutes ago, TyGriff13 said:

Not a thing wrong with the previous it was just an almost 5 year old truck with 80k miles on her, which 60k of was from me in the past year and a half (I drive a lot for work). So it was just time to upgrade to something newer with less miles. It had absolutely nothing to do with color or anything like that. Actually the color on my 14 is the best color GM ever made in my opinion, which was Emerald Green Metallic.Probably my favorite truck that I've owned up to this point but it was time for a new one and with the deals they're running right now it just made sense and they gave me a pretty penny for mine on trade in. 3 years newer and 77k less miles for only a $9,000 difference. It was too good to pass up! 

Just under 80k miles on the 14, I replaced the steering rack around 65k miles but other than that no problems at all! She's been a great truck but it' just time for a new one. 

Respect for not jumping on my comment as being an ****. Im partial to 14-15 Sierra's so I was just curious haha. Enjoy the new truck man!!