Now the drag, I broke one of the mounting tabs clean off so looks like I'll be buying a new panel unless somebody can tell me how to fix it so it doesn't rattle. 

IMG_1467.thumb.JPG.4fef97861fd71ea68eaa24137cb02e72.JPGIMG_1468.thumb.JPG.571aa33947f45b06c88d2ec25a0fa29b.JPG

I broke both tabs you have in the first pic, I used a 2 mixture epoxy to mend it back together. Your second pic I do not recognize the part, but I assume you could use epoxy or try that Flex Glue...the commercial on Flex Glue looks good, I may need to pick up a tube and break something to try it out...LOL!

I used the epoxy on our coffee maker' cradle, which holds the coffee filter basket. So far it's been holding up even with the heat...it's been about 4 months now.

6 hours ago, RDKILL said:

I broke both tabs you have in the first pic, I used a 2 mixture epoxy to mend it back together. Your second pic I do not recognize the part, but I assume you could use epoxy or try that Flex Glue...the commercial on Flex Glue looks good, I may need to pick up a tube and break something to try it out...LOL!

I used the epoxy on our coffee maker' cradle, which holds the coffee filter basket. So far it's been holding up even with the heat...it's been about 4 months now.

Ouch! ?

The second pic is the piece that broke off of the piece in the first pic. I'll try some epoxy as I have a feeling that piece is not cheap!

Marv,

did you make the adapter for your door 6x9 along with the dash speakers? 

I got the Metra Item #120823004 from Crutchfield for the 3 way kicker 6x9 and am not thrilled with it, it lacked the foam on the top of the speaker, and think I might have been happier with a 2way with better dash speakers. The Metra adapter just does not feel as tight as the OEM.

I was also sold a 4x6 to 4'' Metra adapter by Crutcfield for my rear speakers which I've yet to install as it seemed a bit intimidating.  

16 hours ago, Donolie said:

Marv,

did you make the adapter for your door 6x9 along with the dash speakers? 

I got the Metra Item #120823004 from Crutchfield for the 3 way kicker 6x9 and am not thrilled with it, it lacked the foam on the top of the speaker, and think I might have been happier with a 2way with better dash speakers. The Metra adapter just does not feel as tight as the OEM.

I was also sold a 4x6 to 4'' Metra adapter by Crutcfield for my rear speakers which I've yet to install as it seemed a bit intimidating.  

I cheated and started with the flimsy  plastic ones from Metra as well however I reinforced them with a 1/2 birch mounting ring and lined them with sound deadener. After I paint the rings I am going to pack the inside with modeling clay and I will make a gasket from foam weatherstripping. IMG_1485.thumb.JPG.e5153111f00f458eea0b840f1cb97d5a.JPGIMG_1486.thumb.JPG.7ef021540a5f5748fb6b409af9236952.JPG

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:53 AM, cbrsilv15 said:

It's stupid for me, but I always wanted a clock in my garage that was custom like that.  I'll get one for my new garage at the new house.  I like yours!

Thanks and my daughter got it on eBay!

On 3/19/2018 at 8:19 PM, Marv88 said:

I cheated and started with the flimsy  plastic ones from Metra as well however I reinforced them with a 1/2 birch mounting ring and lined them with sound deadener. After I paint the rings I am going to pack the inside with modeling clay and I will make a gasket from foam weatherstripping. IMG_1485.thumb.JPG.e5153111f00f458eea0b840f1cb97d5a.JPGIMG_1486.thumb.JPG.7ef021540a5f5748fb6b409af9236952.JPG

Come on over to Detroit and make me some sir, I'd thank you. I even have a heated garage that could make it feel like Cali, and not south east Michigan lol. Looks really good though wish I had your skill set. Are the speakers pictured what you put in the door or behind the seat? I'm looking to upgrade my kicker VSS  

10 hours ago, Donolie said:

Come on over to Detroit and make me some sir, I'd thank you. I even have a heated garage that could make it feel like Cali, and not south east Michigan lol. Looks really good though wish I had your skill set. Are the speakers pictured what you put in the door or behind the seat? I'm looking to upgrade my kicker VSS  

That may be great while inside but what about when I go outside?! (my buddy lives in Mt Pleasant and sends me pics occasionally!)

Those are the 6.5's I plan to use in the front doors with a sub but I am going to experiment with a set of 6x9 components I have first and if that's enough bass for me I won't add the sub. 

Almost forgot, I think you would be happier with a good set of components up front. I was tired of listening with no "sparkle" up top so I temporarily installed a set of old Polk DB tweeters/crossovers I had with the factory 6x9's and was surprised at how much better it sounded than with the stock dash mids (I tapped into the harness behind the kick panel and also connected the factory 6x9 to the Polk crossover to low pass it instead of letting it play full range)image.thumb.jpg.b3e5b64764a93b92fcf01441847a32ef.jpg

BTW, feel free to message for my phone number if you would like to chat about speakers or anything else audio!

• Thanks 1

Marv, I have the work truck version of your truck with the 3.42 gears you thought you had. I am just over 26,000 miles and lifetime fuel mileage seems to be locked in at 21.6 MPG. Granted I'm still stock height and tires but I'm curious to know what your lifetime MPG's are. I bought mine to pull boats and trailers when needed but I am interested to see the real world mileage difference between the gearing.

I'd also like your opinion on changing just the door speakers for something with a little more bass without breaking the bank. Just looking for a little better sound.

Thanks to you and Nasty for representing the RCSB trucks !

2 hours ago, Enough said:

Marv, I have the work truck version of your truck with the 3.42 gears you thought you had. I am just over 26,000 miles and lifetime fuel mileage seems to be locked in at 21.6 MPG. Granted I'm still stock height and tires but I'm curious to know what your lifetime MPG's are. I bought mine to pull boats and trailers when needed but I am interested to see the real world mileage difference between the gearing.

I'd also like your opinion on changing just the door speakers for something with a little more bass without breaking the bank. Just looking for a little better sound.

Marv probably gets slightly worse mileage than I do because he has heavy 22s and a stock size tire.  My truck on the freeway at 70 I can pretty much hold 26 27ish mpg easily with no AFM.  (I had it shut off because it's worthless)

2 hours ago, Enough said:

Happy to be representing Enough and just having a little fun trying to make it my own unique ride as is Nasty!  I have just under 8,000 miles and my calculated average is only 11.3 mpg.  Granted I mainly drive city but on a recent road trip I calculated 15.2 I believe with a max of around 19 based on the truck calculation during a span of steady speed driving on a fairly flat area. Dealership is trying to tell me this is normal but I don't buy it so Im going to take it to another dealership. 

I'm not sure if you'll get more bass from replacing your 6x9's unless you add an amp as aftermarker speakers tend to be less sensitive than factory speakers (require more power to get the same loudness)

6 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Marv probably gets slightly worse mileage than I do because he has heavy 22s and a stock size tire.  My truck on the freeway at 70 I can pretty much hold 26 27ish mpg easily with no AFM.  (I had it shut off because it's worthless)

I wish I got just slightly worse than you! 

3 minutes ago, Marv88 said:

I wish I got just slightly worse than you! 

Well if it makes you feel any better. City driving I get 15 16ish.   The smaller tire and lighter wheel did actually make quite a difference 

1 minute ago, Nasty said:

Well if it makes you feel any better. City driving I get 15 16ish.   The smaller tire and lighter wheel did actually make quite a difference 

I'm probably gonna change to 20's at some point with a stock size tire as these 22's are pretty heavy and I wouldn't mind 11.3 for just stop n go around town but I think that's way low for a lifetime average based on what I read others here get  (it goes below 10 mpg if I don't do any highway between tanks)

I'm still stylin' and profilin' with the stock 17" steel wheels and factory Bridgestones!

58 Miles round trip commute with stop and go traffic including 75-0 and 0-75 on Interstate 10 across Mobile Bay !

150 mile road trips to New Orleans don't bring the mileage up since you can only stay at a constant speed for 20 miles or less before traffic goes crazy again.

Still better than the 16 MPG I got with my 2005 Silverado crew cab and the 2016 is a whole lot more fun when you hit the go pedal  !

I could probably pick up some lighter wheels and tires for about 2 grand and bump my mileage up to 21.8 !!

Looks like I'll just be cranking up the volume a little more !