2019 Sierra – Diesel Engine, Carbon Fiber Cargo Box, Amazing Tailgate and Trailer Technology – Images and Facts

Gorehamj

Also don't like wheel openings, seem like made only to be different from everyone else.

Different isn't always better

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the wheel wells.  Look far better than Toyota, and much more upscale than the plain jane ugly rounded wells on the new Chevy or Ford's version.  Though those tires in the pictures a way too thin for my liking.  But at least that's an easy fix.

I like the interior, but agree it needs improvements.  We'll likely see those in the 2nd or 3rd year as usual.  Nothing new here, move along...

3.0L diesel?????  Are you freaking kidding me?!

All these years (since 2009?) we've been waiting for the 4.5L lil Duramax to drop.  Supposedly it was all engineered, built, tested and ready to go and then the bankruptcy hit.  I was much looking forward to this little powerhouse in a half ton!  Imagine a 3/4-scale of the big 6.6 Duramax with about 700 ft.-lbs or torque, in a 1500!

So 10 years later, all we finally get is the 3.0L diesel that shoulda gone in the Colorado/Canyon in the first place.  Sigh.

To me, this 3.0L in the new half-tons is just so they can say they have a diesel, too.  Built totally for fuel mileage, not power.  Not enough ooommpphhhf to pull a fat gal on a big wheel.  

Just another way the GM '19 half-tons are shaping up to be all show (FUGLY in the case of the Silverado!) and no go!  From a business standpoint, it appears the management of the GM light trucks is asleep at the wheel.  They are TOTALLY reactive to the market, never proactive--many opportunities are missed.  If they would only listen to the folks on this forum!  

Archived