Custom Trail Boss Console Upgrade?

23 minutes ago, ct_corey said:

Dude I did the same damn thing. My girlfriend and I were on our way home from picking up the truck and I asked her to throw all my purchase documents in the center console. Anddd come to find out it doesn't have one!!! I was like what the ****!!. Since this is going to be a huge pain in the ass for people I bet someone will make an after market solution. Even and extension piece that make it a full center console would be fine. I just need a little bit of storage. 

I am not holding out hope for an aftermarket, they haven’t made those for years. But I would love an aftermarket console if they did make one. 

This is is honestly the dumbest way of trying to save a penny, that just ruins the entire experience for customers.

At some point you will be able to order the jump seat with the center storage bin. Just like the guys with K2 trucks are buying the factory center console and replacing their original jump seat. It takes a while for all the oem parts to become available for purchase.

On 5/7/2019 at 9:47 AM, Rckstr7 said:

So for everyone's info I wanted my dealer to do this for me. They wanted $1500 for the center console in parts alone. Each part had to be ordered separately. They can't order it as a complete assembly and they said they would not assemble one and install it because between the $1500 for parts plus full assembly labor it would cost a fortune.

I found one at a salvage yard. The salvage truck only had 40 miles on it. I had it delivered complete for about $800. The swap is relatively easy. The Custom jump seat only has 4 bolts. I think they were 18mm. Problem is the rear bolts are almost impossible to get to without removing the rear bolts of both the driver and passenger seats. Those are torx 50 and have blue Loctite on them. I removed those on the back of the drivers and passenger seats (2 in the rear of each seat) and then loosened the front torx bolts on each to allow me to prop the seats up while I removed the jump seat rear bolts.

So the jump seat bottom storage key lock. This is something you want to do before you start ripping your truck apart. You can't do this with the LT seat installed. You just slide the circlip inside the seat housing, off the end of the lock cylinder and that allows the locking arm to come off. Now you are free to pull the lock cylinder out but be careful. It is 3 small flat pins and 3 tiny springs. I got lucky and just tried different positions of the pins that came in the donor seat until it worked with my key. I got it right on the 3rd try. If you can't get the combo right with 3 pins you could possibly run with 2 pins if you can get it to work. I just hate spare parts so I lucked out.

Here's the kicker. The LT seat has the 2 USB ports and the 12 V cigarette lighter type port with a wiring harness running through the seat. The Custom Trail Boss floor wiring harness does not have a port for this connection so you can't do an easy plug and play to gain power for those jump seat ports. It bothers me because I hate having things in my vehicle that don't work but what the hell, the people in the back don't get to have power I guess. If anyone figures out how to run power to those please let me know. Good luck.

Does the new jump seat sit on top of the original ac vents? Looking at buying one and didn’t see the ac vents

The LT jump seat has HVAC vents and ducting in it that mates right up to the ducting in the floor of the Silverado Custom. GM bridges the gap with this spongy foam gasket on the floor duct side that creates the seal. My ventilation is just like it would have come from the factory on an LT. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I need things broken down Barney style...just to clarify, that part number refers to the top part (or armrest) of the jump seat, as in the part that flips up to become the seatback? So there won’t be any outlets or plugs and you’d simply have to just unbolt it at the hinge and swap out the seat belt assembly?

Anyone find a nice center hump organizer/storage bin? I could manage with a quality one, that fit with the GM mats and didn't clash.

It seems to be an alternative for this expensive center console swap, and it is absolutely dead space.

3 hours ago, JuicyJosh said:

Sorry, I need things broken down Barney style...just to clarify, that part number refers to the top part (or armrest) of the jump seat, as in the part that flips up to become the seatback? So there won’t be any outlets or plugs and you’d simply have to just unbolt it at the hinge and swap out the seat belt assembly?

That’s the top part correct. But it comes with seatbelt.

• Thanks 1