2015 Silverado LTZ Factory HID

Is there a way to tell if a 2015 Silverado LTZ came with factory HID bulbs? I got a used LTZ that has factory projector headlights but the bulbs in it when I got it were halogen. I’m trying to put LED’s or HID’s in and want to do it as easily and cheaply as possible.

18 hours ago, MegaCode360 said:

2015s never had HIDs or LEDs.  Only halogen.

This.  The Work up to LT trims came with reflector housings and the LTZ and High Country came with projectors but they all used halogen bulbs.

There is a good plug-n-play retrofit kit here:

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/all-products/2014-silverado-morimoto-elite.html

You can add HIDs to the factory halogen, but the output will never be the greatest. 

https://www.fastheadlights.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=D2S50_chevy_retrofit-kit_hylux

this is a PnP kit to add HID projectors without modification. They are super bright and I can’t wait to get my lights installed back onto my truck. 

You can add HIDs to the factory halogen, but the output will never be the greatest. 

https://www.fastheadlights.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=D2S50_chevy_retrofit-kit_hylux

this is a PnP kit to add HID projectors without modification. They are super bright and I can’t wait to get my lights installed back onto my truck. 

How have they been? I watched video and got few questions.

1. is there no relay for power? I am guessing it’s pulling from the low beam wire?

2. Why the high beam splitter? Does the HID projector actually have a shutter? When you turn on highs does it give you doubly high beams where as currently we just light up bottom light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, geswek said:

How have they been? I watched video and got few questions.

1. is there no relay for power? I am guessing it’s pulling from the low beam wire?

2. Why the high beam splitter? Does the HID projector actually have a shutter? When you turn on highs does it give you doubly high beams where as currently we just light up bottom light?

I haven’t installed them in my truck yet. I’m waiting on some warm weather so I can paint the bezels first and then install. The kit comes with the hylux ballasts, which don’t require a HD relay harness to install. The splitter gives you twice the high beam. The splitter triggers the solenoid when the high beams are turned on. 

I haven’t installed them in my truck yet. I’m waiting on some warm weather so I can paint the bezels first and then install. The kit comes with the hylux ballasts, which don’t require a HD relay harness to install. The splitter gives you twice the high beam. The splitter triggers the solenoid when the high beams are turned on. 

AH.

Ok I see now.

I was considering some Morimoto HID kit and just using my stock projector housing but after seeing this kit I’m reconsidering.

It looks super easy to install.