2020 High Country 6.2L Whipple Supercharger Build

34 minutes ago, SierraKid said:

With that supercharger I am almost certain that your powertrain warranty will be 100% voided

Most likely, any warranty coverage would have to be fought for...  However, the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act would require that they prove that the supercharger caused whatever failure occurred...in theory.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2021 at 12:56 PM, AEmedic said:

Most likely, any warranty coverage would have to be fought for...  However, the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act would require that they prove that the supercharger caused whatever failure occurred...in theory.

right. its illegal for them to void your warranty for the presence of aftermarket equipment, but that says nothing about them denying every claim you make, and if they decide the supercharger is the cause for every problem you might have your only recourse would be to sue them to insist they did not prove that to be the cause. You'd spend more in legal fees than just fixing the problem out of pocket, depending on what it was. It's a risk you have to take. Still no regrets.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kodiakdenali said:

right. its illegal for them to void your warranty for the presence of aftermarket equipment, but that says nothing about them denying every claim you make, and if they decide the supercharger is the cause for every problem you might have your only recourse would be to sue them to insist they did not prove that to be the cause. You'd spend more in legal fees than just fixing the problem out of pocket, depending on what it was. It's a risk you have to take. Still no regrets.

However, if you win your lawsuit you are also entitled to recover your legal expenses via a judgements issued by the court.  Just gotta make sure you request that in your filings. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Transient said:

However, if you win your lawsuit you are also entitled to recover your legal expenses via a judgements issued by the court.  Just gotta make sure you request that in your filings. 

Ya'll worry too much. A little annoying. 

I'd deny my warranty if i was GM. I boosted intake pressure by 8lbs. Unlocked an ecm that was specifically hard to crack, and retuned parameters specifically meant to not be changed. Gm doesnt owe you a thing. 

Modify it. Or leave it stock. But don't act like its gm's fault if you break something. Thats ignorance. 

That said, hope they find a way to tune the t93. I know a lot of camaro guys wanting it more than me.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, darkhorse220 said:

Ya'll worry too much. A little annoying. 

I'd deny my warranty if i was GM. I boosted intake pressure by 8lbs. Unlocked an ecm that was specifically hard to crack, and retuned parameters specifically meant to not be changed. Gm doesnt owe you a thing. 

Modify it. Or leave it stock. But don't act like its gm's fault if you break something. Thats ignorance. 

That said, hope they find a way to tune the t93. I know a lot of camaro guys wanting it more than me.

Somebody clearly wants to start a s**t storm, which I find to be annoying.  Since you quoted me, I'll respond.  I'm not worried about a thing.  I'm just following a thread.  I'm not supercharging, yet.  However, GM can't legally deny a warranty without being able to prove a modification the owner made is the culprit.  Should they void your body warranty because you installed an air compressor on your engine?  No.  What about a suspension component?  No.  You may enjoy getting screwed over on failing parts that you did nothing to, but is eager your in the minority there.

Now, let's stop going off topic.  I want to read about a supercharged 6.2 build. 

• 1 month later...

Havent heard anyone mention a cold air intake and a supercharger together. I installed the GM performance intake. I liked the rotofab and the afe, but with how the intake tube and the maf is mounted, they would have required some customization. The GM is a direct fit, which is what i wanted. 

Definitely will improve airflow. Mainly installed as I'm looking to get a functional ram air hood evetually, at which point ill take the plastic top cover off. The hoods funnel air and dump right over the top of existing filter location.

20210622_221145.jpg

• Like 4

On 6/22/2021 at 7:40 PM, darkhorse220 said:

Havent heard anyone mention a cold air intake and a supercharger together. I installed the GM performance intake. I liked the rotofab and the afe, but with how the intake tube and the maf is mounted, they would have required some customization. The GM is a direct fit, which is what i wanted. 

Definitely will improve airflow. Mainly installed as I'm looking to get a functional ram air hood evetually, at which point ill take the plastic top cover off. The hoods funnel air and dump right over the top of existing filter location.

20210622_221145.jpg

image.thumb.png.748017ca5fe9ab988f022aee8167a08e.png

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2021 at 8:40 PM, darkhorse220 said:

20210622_221145.jpg

I didn't pursue a CAI due to the tune not supporting one.

6 hours ago, AEmedic said:

I didn't pursue a CAI due to the tune not supporting one.

I hear ya... but Whipple's tune was making me regret the S/C altogether. At least for me, the powerband was inconsisent and erratic. This seemed to be further complicated by the 10 speed not knowing where to go next. Idle even seemed rougher than i liked.

Didnt want to spend more money, but the pcm is already unlocked.. so gave it a shot.

Ideally done on a dyno, but theres a couple good remote tuners that can do everything via email. Literally a couple. Need to understand what you're doing with fuel tables, timing, neural network, etc. More bang for the buck on a dyno, but even a remote tune was lightyears ahead of the canned tuned.

If you're happy with the Whipple tune, I'd say it probably isnt worth it. To each their own. 

The CAI does seem to help, low to mid throttle. I'd say it was just in my head, but mpg has been up too. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2021 6.2L TrailBoss with the 3.0L Whipple. GM performance upgrade package which was the air intake and cat-back exhaust. I had the work done by National Speed Inc. They dyno tuned it to 535whp. I too have the trans issues with the truck. Nothing major but a little stumble once in awhile. Until we can get the 10 speed unlocked I believe it is what it is. I really have no complaints. The truck runs the ¼ mile just as fast as my 2015 C7 Corvette Stingray and that's on the stock 265/60R20 tires. A full size (5,300+ lbs) truck running the ¼ mile in the 12s is an awesome experience. The truck just rolled over 2,000 miles. 

Edited by Whipped Trail Boss
Added mileage
  • Like 3

On 7/3/2021 at 5:27 PM, Whipped Trail Boss said:

I have a 2021 6.2L TrailBoss with the 3.0L Whipple. GM performance upgrade package which was the air intake and cat-back exhaust. I had the work done by National Speed Inc. They dyno tuned it to 535whp. I too have the trans issues with the truck. Nothing major but a little stumble once in awhile. Until we can get the 10 speed unlocked I believe it is what it is. I really have no complaints. The truck runs the ¼ mile just as fast as my 2015 C7 Corvette Stingray and that's on the stock 265/60R20 tires. A full size (5,300+ lbs) truck running the ¼ mile in the 12s is an awesome experience. The truck just rolled over 2,000 miles. 

Are you using the whipple canned tune?..and how did you dyno it, with out it wanting to up and down shift?

Would love to try more boost, and maybe some more aftermarket goodies

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 6:36 PM, Jeffnrivercity said:

Are you using the whipple canned tune?..and how did you dyno it, with out it wanting to up and down shift?

Would love to try more boost, and maybe some more aftermarket goodies

National Speed Inc tuned it and did all the work. I was there for the final dyno session and 7th gear is 1:1 ratio so all they did was run it in 7th using manual mode. As long as you ease into the throttle it won't downshift. 

On 6/24/2021 at 7:02 PM, darkhorse220 said:

I hear ya... but Whipple's tune was making me regret the S/C altogether. At least for me, the powerband was inconsisent and erratic. This seemed to be further complicated by the 10 speed not knowing where to go next. Idle even seemed rougher than i liked.

Didnt want to spend more money, but the pcm is already unlocked.. so gave it a shot.

Ideally done on a dyno, but theres a couple good remote tuners that can do everything via email. Literally a couple. Need to understand what you're doing with fuel tables, timing, neural network, etc. More bang for the buck on a dyno, but even a remote tune was lightyears ahead of the canned tuned.

If you're happy with the Whipple tune, I'd say it probably isnt worth it. To each their own. 

The CAI does seem to help, low to mid throttle. I'd say it was just in my head, but mpg has been up too. 

My experience with superchargers and intakes is that a CAI will make a supercharger whine louder.  Is that the case here?

On 7/11/2021 at 4:17 PM, Whipped Trail Boss said:

National Speed Inc tuned it and did all the work. I was there for the final dyno session and 7th gear is 1:1 ratio so all they did was run it in 7th using manual mode. As long as you ease into the throttle it won't downshift. 

Any chance you have the dyno chart? Love me some dyno charts....

Awesome on going 12's though!

• Like 1