Here's A Photo Of Every New 2019 Chevy Silverado Trim With Features

Zane

5 minutes ago, Nargg said:

I thought that was an "N" at first, but looking longer, it may be something else.  The double arrow at the top makes me think it might be the trailer backup thing that Ford has, where you dial the direction of the trailer and the truck steers it for you correctly.  That'd be nice.

Makes sense, but no thanks.  I can back up on my own

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Penguin VII said:

I just hope that there is an option to turn it off permanently. I know a lot of auto makers are forcing you to turn it off every time you turn the truck on. I don't know if it's regulation or choice but I can't stand it.

Pretty sure it is regulation that it has to be turned off on ever start up. If the customer could choose to permanently disable it then the benefits achieved by autostart-stop could not be factored into EPA testing. Dumb, I know. A tuner could disable it and hopefully Range or someone will make a plug in device that can deactivate AFM and autostart-stop.

10 hours ago, adamj2121 said:

Pretty sure it is regulation that it has to be turned off on ever start up. If the customer could choose to permanently disable it then the benefits achieved by autostart-stop could not be factored into EPA testing. Dumb, I know. A tuner could disable it and hopefully Range or someone will make a plug in device that can deactivate AFM and autostart-stop.

According to a merc tech I knew a few years back they weren't, at least not back then. Really hope you can tune it out of the new GM if I ever wreck my current. 

Wow just saw the 2019 Ram interior and my god that thing is amazing.  Don't care much for exterior changes but overall the Ram must have embarrassed the GM engineers.  I am guessing they will need to do an emergency redesign inside unless the Sierra will have its own Dash design and be the more luxurious truck.  The Silverado High Country interior is looking more like a basic LT when compared to the Ram Limited.  The Chevy looks like a lot of cheap plastic.  The Chevy leather seats look like worktruck vinyl when compared to the Ram limited or F150 Limited.  I think they went backwards with the interior.  The current trucks look better than the 2019.

Nobody is even looking at Ram after this CHEVY DROP!  Really, oh, the Ram interior was so posh on the last gen....?  WTF it was a copy of the 2014+ GM's and still was not even all that......What is another blah RAM exterior for another 8-12yrs....nobody cares....

i bet the engineer who designed the center console for charging your phone gets paid 6 figures, but that so called engineer does not have any common sense to think about the bigger smartphones having cases on them and not being able to lay flat in that little area. Its probably the same design engineer who did the current design for the console. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Payton34 said:

Wow just saw the 2019 Ram interior and my god that thing is amazing.  Don't care much for exterior changes but overall the Ram must have embarrassed the GM engineers.  I am guessing they will need to do an emergency redesign inside unless the Sierra will have its own Dash design and be the more luxurious truck.  The Silverado High Country interior is looking more like a basic LT when compared to the Ram Limited.  The Chevy looks like a lot of cheap plastic.  The Chevy leather seats look like worktruck vinyl when compared to the Ram limited or F150 Limited.  I think they went backwards with the interior.  The current trucks look better than the 2019.

The Ram interior has one major flaw: rotary shift knob. 

As much as I try I cannot embrace that technology, I could not buy a Ram for that reason alone, as silly as that may be. I do agree though, the Ram interior looks good and promises to be good on paper. I will reserve final judgement until both trucks are released and fit, finish, and feel can be observed in person.

Edited by adamj2121

I just watched this video of all the Ram features and they def have the better 2019 truck.  The Ram isn't impressive at all on the outside but the interior and tech underneath are far beyond Chevy.  I have only owned GM trucks but after the disappointing 2019 Chevy I think when I am due for a new truck in 3-4 years it isn't looking like another GMC.  Unless they do an emergency mid cycle refresh around 2021ish and it fixes the interior.

11 minutes ago, Payton34 said:

I just watched this video of all the Ram features and they def have the better 2019 truck.  The Ram isn't impressive at all on the outside but the interior and tech underneath are far beyond Chevy.  I have only owned GM trucks but after the disappointing 2019 Chevy I think when I am due for a new truck in 3-4 years it isn't looking like another GMC.  Unless they do an emergency mid cycle refresh around 2021ish and it fixes the interior.

That interior alone will sell them some trucks for sure. The optional 12" display & 8° reclining rear seat along with the attention to detail on higher trims will get peoples attention on the showroom floor at a dealership.

But would not say they are the better truck, just different. Particularly with that e-torque system, carry over motors & essentially the same trans. Am curious what they are doing with their diesel? Sounds like they are re-doing them. 

So Ford has eco boost for mpg/emissions. Dodge/Ram will have that e-torque & assuming keeping their MDS. GM will have dynamic skip fire system. All will have around a 3.0L diesel.  Going to be an interesting couple of years seeing if or how these systems turn out over the long term. 

• Like 2

On 1/13/2018 at 7:23 PM, O_J_Simpson said:

Thanks! Finally, GM might start being able to get fleet orders again. So many companies in the south crossed GM off the order list due to how hot they were in the back seat compared to the Ford F-150 XL base model with rear vents.

Haha, ok someone is just grasping at straws that aren't there... You do realize that the only models with rear vents not on the floor were the higher end models with the center console in the F150 (as well as the other brands) right? If you buy a work truck that comes with the benches you aren't getting rear vents but floor vents under the seat which just so happens the GM trucks have on the floor as well. There are zero issue of heat problems in the back of the cab of the GM trucks, I live in Texas, I know.

Do you even understand how cooling and efficiency work? That beloved cooled air that is coming out of the rear vents are warmer and move at less volume than the front because of how far they travel and where. It is much more efficient to cool an enclosed space with large front vents blowing strong cooled air to the back at the set temp than losing 10,15,20+ degrees and air speed as it passes down the floor soaking up heated air from under the truck then going back up 7 feet form where the air originated. The rear vent are excellent at cooling the knee though! The vents add a level of perceived luxury but are limited in their actual function. Unless they added a separate blower or cooling components like the SUV/CUV's they just aren't that great.

Lost sales, wow I can't stop laughing at that; I bet that was the number 1 survey complaint item on actual work trucks that they get feed back from.

Tyler

3 hours ago, Payton34 said:

Emergency redesign? It looks great, I want my truck to be useful as a truck, I am not looking for a car interior in a truck. GM accomplished a truck useful interior and dash and just made it a little better. There is no way to tell what the plastics, leathers and other materials are like with out touching them so that is just an assumption which I promise will be proved to be false.

So sad to see the way trucks are now graded, shopped and perceived. I bet if Mercedes made a $120k luxury pick up with a 3ft bed, suede headliner, 600lb payload with a 4k towing ability and a V12, baby lamb covered massaging reclining seats with 30 speakers and it rode like an s-class but the outside looked like a Ironhide from transformers half the pick up buyers from all big three truck manufacturers would get up and leave and go purchase one as that is what they really want. A luxury car with the image of a truck.

Tyler

• Like 2
  • Haha 1