thearizonacowboy's 2018 2WD Offroad Build

thearizonacowboy

On 8/3/2018 at 11:02 AM, SarahsGMC said:

interesting you mention upgrading gears and losing cruise control, I upgraded from 3.42 to 4.10 and my cruise control is gone too, ive been trying to get some ideas on why it disappeared, never thought re gearing would do it.

When I went to 4.10's on a jeep rubicon [jk '09], I had to reprogram [tuner] the thing.  The tuner program asked for gears / tire size / shift performance / etc. Once that was done, things worked properly again.

• Like 1

on your front pods and rear dust light, how did you wire these up and where is the switch? I'm building a aux fuse panel to handle the load of accessories without having to tap the factory electrical. 

On 8/15/2018 at 8:05 AM, B_SKY33 said:

on your front pods and rear dust light, how did you wire these up and where is the switch? I'm building a aux fuse panel to handle the load of accessories without having to tap the factory electrical. 

Just ran the wires directly to the battery for now. I'll be bringing the truck into a wiring professional soon to have it all redone. The wiring is "fine" but I'm looking to get everything marine grade and last for years without any worry. Regarding the switches, mine are mounted just below the steering wheel to the left as you can see in this photo.

As a side note, I swapped out my older Lowrance HDS7 for a new touch screen version from PCI Race Radios. Much faster system! Highly recommend it

20180815_123847_edited.jpg

Edited by thearizonacowboy

1 hour ago, thearizonacowboy said:

Just ran the wires directly to the battery for now. I'll be bringing the truck into a wiring professional soon to have it all redone. The wiring is "fine" but I'm looking to get everything marine grade and last for years without any worry. Regarding the switches, mine are mounted just below the steering wheel to the left as you can see in this photo.

As a side note, I swapped out my older Lowrance HDS7 for a new touch screen version from PCI Race Radios. Much faster system! Highly recommend it

20180815_123847_edited.jpg

Look's good

• 2 weeks later...

Where did you mount or where can you mount switches for the front and rear aux lights? With a jump seat and not the center console. I'm looking into getting some extra light and want to figure out where I can mount switches before I actually buy the bits and piece's.

On 8/29/2018 at 5:36 AM, rae185 said:

Where did you mount or where can you mount switches for the front and rear aux lights? With a jump seat and not the center console. I'm looking into getting some extra light and want to figure out where I can mount switches before I actually buy the bits and piece's.

Look two post above yours, the switches are mounted just under and left of the steering column. You can see them in the pictures 

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2018 at 11:09 AM, thearizonacowboy said:

Just completed two days of trails with my offroad expedition group Arizona Raptor Runs and minus the new valance falling off, it was a smooth trip with no issues! 

DSC00064small.jpg

Your pictures are dangerous... 

I think my wife hates you right now lol.

Didnt know you had the new truck on here! I need to make it out to AZ 

• 10 months later...
On 7/1/2018 at 9:07 PM, HoosierZ said:

I went with the optional GM aluminum skid plates and built a tube framed skid plate for the bumper. 

27769AC0-7AED-48EC-A069-439399E6C98E.jpeg

6927EB88-C9F7-4DA6-958D-10CA472CDA17.jpeg

DAYUM !! I LIKE THE LOOK OF THAT....welldonesir!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm awaiting my King 2.5's for front and rear along with an UCA and Deaver J1 spring kit. I'm looking at BFG KO2s in 315/70r17 on Method 313's with 0 offset. This tire measures out to about 34.5x12.5. Main reason i'm going with this tire is because it comes in a Load C range. Majority of driving will be on road, not towing. If you were to do it again, would you do anything different with your wheel/tire setup?